Who is your favourite guitarist and why? Which one do you hate?

Quovadis

My favourite guitarist is probably Andy Timmons. Hes not only shredding , he makes really powerfull riffs and awesome feeling solos. I totally hate kirk hamett because hes totally overated . Hes a total copy of his teacher (joe satriani) he never made his own path.

omg the tone

I like Chris Broderick just for the fact he put in all the effort to learn every style out there from 8 finger tapping to flamenco to slap guitar although he's not the most innovative, i also really love Dave Mustaine.

Playing @ 1:03 (too bad his tone on that ibanez blows)

East Bay Ray from Dead Kennedys has always been a fav. of mine. He could switch back and forth from rythm to lead with ease, and even make time to put in sound-fx into their songs. Like the siren noise from 'Police Truck'.

Maybe it's a California thing, but the sort-of 'surf-rock' influences he added to their music really made me smile. Here's 'Police Truck' which everyone has heard, but prolly never knew who did the song...

Sure why not

Chris broderick is by far one of the most talented gutarist in the world . His technical skills are incredible . The jeff loomis :/ chris broderick duo was probably the most incredible shredding duo.