need some help with a bind

Drizzt DoUrden

hello,

today i tried a new bind:

/bind p say !put [p] s afk

if i fix my mouse on playerxxx and press p following message will be shown:

!put playerxxx s afk.

but the playerxxx will not move to spectator. i only see this message on console:

putteam: no connected player by that name or slot #

and of course, the player is still on game :P

i hope someone with more skill can help me.

P.S.: if i bind this /bind p say !put schlumpfine s afk, it works

Um... I'm not an expert on binds or anything but it sounds like you're not identifying the player you want to putteam...

I don't know how you'd actually get a bind to do what you want, but what you have right now is just something that makes you say !putteam "playerxx" s afk without identifying which player you want to putteam. Hovering your mouse over a playing doesn't select the player for your bind.

With that bind you are trying to put a player with [p] tag in his name, which most likely doesnt exist in any connected player's name.

[p] tag only works to ask if he is there.

I don't get why it wouldn't work with the !put command o.0 it's not like it's a console command or anything.. the command behind !put is parsed AFTER the 'say' is parsed so why wouldn't / doesn't it work with player tags?

• Clan Friend

tested on jaymod,

I think 1st mistake is putting 'afk' after it (doesn't work even with names without color), another problem is !putting players with color codes in their name...

I think that's the reason why it doesn't work.

such tags like [p] [k] [d] doesnt work with commands. It shows a name in a bind but a command will try to do the effect on player(s) with "[p]" tag.

Tried it, renamed myself [p] and !slapped [p]. It slapped me and not who I pointed at.

such tags like [p] [k] [d] doesnt work with commands. It shows a name in a bind but a command will try to do the effect on player(s) with "[p]" tag.

Tried it, renamed myself [p] and !slapped [p]. It slapped me and not who I pointed at.

That's so weird.. I guess the problem is, !put is parsed before the [p] is parsed, even though the 'say' is parsed first and foremost.. Meh >.< I dont get the problem with just !putteam blah s but Schlump is a lazybum ^_^

• Clan Friend

I think it works if the player has a white name without any ^ code,

because if you do, let's say, !slap ^1test it won't work, you have to do !slap test, even if the player name is ^1test. There lies the problem. I tried it on a local jaymod server.

If the player has no color codes in his name, if I am not confusing it after all the tests I did, /bind p !slap [p] will work. Because in the server console you will have !slap test (for example)

I think it works if the player has a white name without any ^ code,

because if you do, let's say, !slap ^1test it won't work, you have to do !slap test, even if the player name is ^1test. There lies the problem. I tried it on a local jaymod server.

If the player has no color codes in his name, if I am not confusing it after all the tests I did, /bind p !slap [p] will work. Because in the server console you will have !slap test (for example)

I see what you're saying but Joker's confirmed it's not this, [p] is only parsed for chat display, the actual !put command just reads the '[p]' >.<

• Clan Friend

1. ETPlayer makes this bind, test joins:

/bind p say !slap [p]

aims at test and presses 'p', on server console you read:

say: ETPlayer: !slap test

on ETPlayer's console:

ETPlayer^7: ^2!slap test
^Lslap: ^Gtest^L^L was slapped.

works. then test renames to ^1test

broadcast: print "test^7 renamed to ^1test\n"

ETPlayer presses p again, server console says:

say: ETPlayer: !slap ^1test

On his console:

ETPlayer^7: ^2!slap ^1test
^L^1slap error: ^L^L^GPLAYER_FILTER^L^L not found.

doesn't work, because player filter doesn't accept color codes. So the bind works with players whose name is white.

Joker renamed himself to [p], and he ended up slapping himself, strange because on my test Jaymod 2.2.0 server I renamed myself to [p] and I still slapped test (when his name was white, and I was pointing at him). Maybe I would have slapped myself if I wasn't pointing at him but now I closed et.

Are we talking about Jaymod, or another mod?

edit: maybe he plays on noquarter, my bad :)

Edited by SunLight