Aiming tutorial for W:ET by BossHK - Enemy Territory

BossHK

I have read your previous tutorials and I found them very helpful, especially at some points. Very detailed and clear info. :)

So I'm surely going to read this one too, even though I already got to know much of that stuff.

Keep up the good work, especially considering you're doing a favour to many of us for free. All I can do is thank you in return.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Clan Friend

What do you mean LAS?

And thank you BossHK.

He probably means that he doesn't improve even after reading that...

I think that, as regards mouse sensitivity, one thing that many players don't take into account is this: you change your sens to improve your aiming, and improving means making less mistakes, but... which kind of mistakes you can do when you aim?

1. you move in the wrong direction

2. you move in the right direction but you don't move well

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realize that you can't improve #1 by changing sens, even though I admit that I didn't think about it until I made a little test with etpro trickjump ghost (it's a sort of fake player you have on etpro, you can record your movements and then a player appears and makes the same moves)

I recorded some random left-right strafes with sprint, then I tried to aim at the ghost with very high and very low senses, and recorded an avi (tj ghost doesn't appear in demos)

I realized that the mistakes I made, when I moved away from the target, were roughly the same size for every sens. At first I thought, wtf? Then I realized that when you move in the wrong direction it's because your brain thinks that is the 'right' one, so with any sens you will still make the same mistake.

That's why everyone says that you have to focus on your aiming, then everyone has different tricks, some pay attention to hitsounds, some watch the enemy more than their own crosshair, some watch those dust clouds when they hit, you have to experiment...

After all improving means changing, so if you do the same things in the same way you cannot improve (like me for example, :D)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Nice tutorial thx mate

Wassil, look at the last post date and then the one before that. Please, for the love of all that you hold sacred, don't bump topics that would have dust collecting on them if they were real.

• Like 2