Power Supply burning smell

Corey

So i was playing Dead Island earlier today and i started smelling something burning so i hurry up and turn off my pc to make sure nothing happens. I took the side off and I think the smell was coming out of the power supply, but i could be wrong. I am using it right now and its working fine, but that burning smell lingers in the air. What could the smell be coming from? Is it possible that dust could be causing the smell. My case is kinda dusty so I am prolly gonna blow it all out tomorrow. I really don't want to spend money on a new part, but if i have to i have to. Smell is freaking me out so i dont think im going to use it anymore till I know whats going on. THANKS!

PS: OCZ stealth stream 700w

If it were me I would just buy a new one, I don't mess around with power supplies at all. But if you want to clean it out just make sure to test it first with the paperclip test.

paperclip test? o.o

thanks waster. My power supply isn't like that though. it has a big fan on top that i can see is working correctly. I did a good cleaning of my system today to get the dust out of all the components and I am running it right now and it seems to be doing fine. I don't smell anything yet :P I'll keep you posted. thanks for the help. Luckily if it is the power supply i think I am still under warranty.