Baltimore Grand Prix Indy car

abnerdog

Here Baltimore and the state of Maryland spent millions of dollars on this race that is going to be run next weekend and now whats going to happen, a Cat 2 hurricane is going to hit us this weekend. Most of the race course is just about sea level and the surge from this storm is going to be very high. Not to mention the winds and downed trees and all. This could be quite a mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the race is here and Baltimore's inner harbor was spared any storm surge from hurricane Irene last weekend. I live about 15 miles from Baltimore and this morning as I was sitting on my deck enjoying my cup of coffee I suddenly heard the load roar and the high pitched whine of high performance engines in the distance. If not for my back I would be there as I love this kind of racing. Maybe next year (Baltimore has a 5 year commitment) I will be able to go. Well I am going back out on the deck to listen.

I grew up out side of Buffalo NY and I use to go to Watkins Glen for the F1 and CanAm races. I was looking back one day and did a little research and out of all the drivers starting the last F1 race I saw only 6 made it to retirement age.