Having problems connecting

Panini*Hobbit@mp3

Hey there guys/girls!

I've been playing regularly on the Jay1 server and it's been great fun meeting new people and having some fun again! I was after playing yesterday on the server and decided to change some of my sound commands on my config, so after testing it out on another server I attempted to join the Jay1 server to play and got through with no problems the first time but it was very laggy for me so I disconnected and tried again later that night and was waiting and waiting and waiting until I found out ET crashed and wouldn't respond. I went to a few others servers to see if it was just the FA server I couldn't get into but I was able to get onto a few other servers with no problems. I don't understand what is the problem so if someone could help me somehow I would be very grateful! I just want to come back playing again :( I checked my ET folders and there's no TMP files either so thats one thing I'm after ruling out. I deleted a good few pk3s that werent in use also

Regards,

Panini*Hobbit@mp3.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, still getting the same problem when trying to connect since about 10 minutes ago.. It freezes when the map is 100 percent loaded and I have to go to task manager to close it because nothing is happening.. PB is up to date and yet I can't connect to FA but I can connect to other servers. Can anyone help me?

hi! can you put your config to its previuos setting ( before you change your sound commands) or default config then connect again to server .....just to check if changing sound command has nothing to do with it..... :hmm

Hey Pianist, I have tried what you have said above but to no avail, it is just the same thing as before with the screen freezing and having to close via task manager. I have a good feeling it has to do with the vsay commands but after removing them and execing a different cfg, it doesnt seem to do anything but cause problems :(

Hey guys still having problems all day with it, tried all my configs to see if it helped but to no avail. The only server I can't connect to is F|A Recruiting which is my usual server. I can connect to other F|A servers but not this one. I said this to a few people I know and they said about reinstalling ET.. is that really necessary for not connecting to just one server?

Hi Joe, I can exec my config on another server with no problems, the problem is connecting to jay1 which I don't understand. This is as far as I get errortw.th.jpg and I can't even enter the server :(

Edited by Panini*Hobbit@mp3

Update Graphic Card can work, but i know many others where things got worse. Make sure you have a recovery point, if it dont work that way.

Since i while i also have strange problems with my CFG. Yesterday i installed et again, put the most r_settings off my cfg and now it works.

ET graphic is low for me now, but if it makes me not crash anymore lol i dont care.