MAX_GAMESTATE CHARS exceeded

Skills!

I tried to play Wolfenstein:ET LAN with Master! and it was good for a long time.

But if he tried to connect again he got this message and I disconnected too: MAX_GAMESTATE CHARS exceeded.

Do U know to solve this problem?? :thanks

• Clan Friend

which mod? ... why devmap? you play with god mode on? :D

another question, how many players/bots were there? only you guys or other bots/people? If you play with bots try to reduce the number. It was a dedicated server, or you hosted the game without creating a separate server (which shouldn't be done, especially with etpro)?

I think it could be related to that particular map, or maybe try to rise com_hunkmegs in the server...

• Clan Friend

2 players Skills! and Master! no bots. and what is decidated and seperate???? how can u use a mod in /devmap?

I'm happy that the problem is solved, I will answer to your question anyway.

A dedicated server is when you run etded, then you connect to your own ip addres, the other (wrong imho) way to make a server is to use the host game button, so loading et only or devmap, etc.

At leasy etpro explicitly says 'some features will break' if you do it that way, that's why I said dedicated.

To choose the mod you can start etded with +set fs_game modname (ex.: +set fs_game etpro), and it will create a server for that mod, then in the console window you can type devmap mapname (it will load with sv_cheats 1) or map mapname (no cheats like god, give ammo, noclip, etc. are enabled. this is the normal way)

I'm happy that the problem is solved, I will answer to your question anyway.

A dedicated server is when you run etded, then you connect to your own ip addres, the other (wrong imho) way to make a server is to use the host game button, so loading et only or devmap, etc.

At leasy etpro explicitly says 'some features will break' if you do it that way, that's why I said dedicated.

To choose the mod you can start etded with +set fs_game modname (ex.: +set fs_game etpro), and it will create a server for that mod, then in the console window you can type devmap mapname (it will load with sv_cheats 1) or map mapname (no cheats like god, give ammo, noclip, etc. are enabled. this is the normal way)

I don't understand it. If I start ETDED, it opens the console and nothing's happining.

Anyways, I hosted the game with ET, not with ETDED....

• 9 years later...