Snowboarding

Sir Schmoopy

I love snowboarding. I need to move somewhere a little "hillier" though. Wisconsin isn't exactly known for their huge ski resorts. I am going to be out in Oregon in Feb. next year though. Planning on going to Mt. Bachelor. It looks awesome. Anywho, here's an older topic about Ski vs. Snowboard: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/15341-snowboard-vs-ski/

I love snowboarding. I need to move somewhere a little "hillier" though. Wisconsin isn't exactly known for their huge ski resorts. I am going to be out in Oregon in Feb. next year though. Planning on going to Mt. Bachelor. It looks awesome. Anywho, here's an older topic about Ski vs. Snowboard: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/15341-snowboard-vs-ski/

If your riding Wisconsin and it's your first time to Mt. Bachelor it will blow you away. If your over 21 I highly recommend visiting the nearby town of Bend and hitting up the Dechutes brew pub for a tour. Mt. Hood is a few hours away and visible from the top of Bachelor. I would highly recommend hitting it up if you got the chance.

@Schmoopy: I've been stoked riding snowboards for 19 years...and after reading what I just wrote makes me realize what an old S.O.B. I am..but I can still throw a sick backside 3 off a 30ft drop :lol:

If your riding Wisconsin and it's your first time to Mt. Bachelor it will blow you away. If your over 21 I highly recommend visiting the nearby town of Bend and hitting up the Dechutes brew pub for a tour. Mt. Hood is a few hours away and visible from the top of Bachelor. I would highly recommend hitting it up if you got the chance.

Ha! Funny you should say that. My wife's brother lives in Bend and thats where we're going to be staying. I'll have to check out Dechutes for sure! :D

Nice to all 3 of you...I live in Oregon, so Mt. Bachelor all the way...not sure bout that bar...under 21...but im glad u guys responded!

What part of OR do you live Schmoopy? All this talk makes me want to schedule another Bachelor run, lol.

@sic: If the conditions are kind, you'll have a fantastic time. If your any good..Bachelor does have some decent 45 degree chutes (for a short ways). It's enough to get your adren flowing. :D

I know same here....I live in the Beaverton-Portland area...you?

I recently moved to Northern Cal from So Cal. Tahoe is about an hour, with my "home" mountain (the one I have a pass to each season) being about an hour and a half. Pretty awesome riding locally, but alot less bikini tops in spring :(

@Pizza: Awesome man. I would love to ride anywhere in the Alps. Got any pictures of you tearing it up?

@sic: If the conditions are kind, you'll have a fantastic time. If your any good..Bachelor does have some decent 45 degree chutes (for a short ways). It's enough to get your adren flowing. :D

Yeah, I can't wait. Anything outside of WI is something to be excited for. :yahoo

• 3 weeks later...