ranks

aarop2

:hmm Assuming from his very vague question that he is talking about the in-game ranks of the game...

Improvements in a player’s general and class-specific skill level are rewarded periodically with promotion to a superior rank. Ranks in Enemy Territory range from Private to General. To obtain a higher rank you have to gain XP in 3 general groups explained below being... light weapons, battle awareness, and one that is class specific. Ranks are displayed on the player’s helmet for everyone to see as well as the bottom left of your hud.

Light weapons - gain xp by killing with any smg (ex. thompson, mp40, sten, fg42(unscoped), sniper(unscoped), ect.)

Battle Awareness - gain xp by surviving for certain lengths of time while giving and receiving damage

Class Specific - gain xp by doing certain class specific tasks for example if you are medic by reviving teammates and handing out health boxes.

When you have received enough xp you will be rewarded a new level symbolized by a star,again displayed in the columns at the bottom left of your hud, thus improving your rank. To check how much xp is needed for the new level press by default the "Alt" button. All 3 groups have 4 levels. Every new level will add improvements such as increased ammo, increased health, and faster reload for example.

hopefully that makes some sense and ultimately was actually what you were asking about. :lol:

Forum rank is given by the administrator of the board. Ranks like 'Progress 10%' and 'Starting' are automatically updated from your post count. The more you post, the higher you get. ;)

Admin rank, idk what you mean exactly...

There is server administration levels and Forum administration levels. I.e. administrators and moderators..

• Administrators
Forum rank is given by the administrator of the board. Ranks like 'Progress 10%' and 'Starting' are automatically updated from your post count. The more you post, the higher you get. ;)

Admin rank, idk what you mean exactly...

There is server administration levels and Forum administration levels. I.e. administrators and moderators..

+1.

• Administrators
i meant on like special friend on the forums and the levels you can get on the servers not like general and ltg like what your allowed to do on the server.

Special friends is given to those players who have helped F|A clan in one way or another and are always around with us. All ET players are our friends (except cheaters) but some are special for us and hence special rank for them. :)

Server admin levels doesn't matter much. You should just learn on how to use all admins commands so when needed you can use it.

I'm a special friend. It's basically for guys like me that are regulars and admins but can't join FA (in other words, I am practically a member its just not official and can't be due to other obligations). This is an old tradition in gaming, where admin levels and special privileges are given to various players from other clans/teams that can't be members of the home clan of the server, but instead are trusted regulars who would be members but for other obligations.. Not quite members, but given special status. Admin level should always be based on the individual (game knowledge, responsibility, etc) anyway and never given out just cause they happen to be members. Clan and admin should always be 2 seperate things. I've been admin on more servers than I can count, but I've only been in MG clan. We had twice as many admins on our old ETpro campaign pub (very popular by the way) than actual members of the clan (same thing with our top ranked etqw server). It's just how shit works on a well run server as it should be always about the individual when it comes to admin. You will find most servers that base Admin off of clan membership primarily tend to have alot of issues (bel clan comes to mind as a recent example).