Advise with video cards

soulJAHmon

soulJAHmon ,

I recently had some issues with sound card {integrated} drivers from RealTek that were causing some crashes while playing CoD4 ... you might look into updating or reloading your sound card drivers, like I had to. It hasn't been an issue since I did that.

Also, as for Video Cards ... your Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS is getting a bit dated, I was running a PNY Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ and upgraded last year to the XFX Radeon HD 5770 and noticed an improvement, but that card is already a couple years old now, so I was debating about running 2 of those in CrossFireX/SLI or upgrading to something like a GeForce GTX 560 Ti or a HD Radeon 5870 for my new Rig I'm building ... btw, the BEST Vid cards out on the market are the AMD HD Radeon 6970 or Nvidia GTX 580 (forgot the 590 just came out :rolleyes: ) but yeah those will break the bank. :(

See ya on the COD4 No Marty Mix battlefield :)

- Ash, L.A. Kings Fan

Good advice. Something like a 460 GTX can be had for $100 and be enough to play the latest COD games http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3070305

• Like 1

Hey Kings Fan, thx for the input. I never did get around to workin on the ol' gal this weekend, too much going on with the holiday and kids n stuff. I'm gonna have to ride my current equipment for a while, but it sounds like a driver re-install might be a cheap possible fix, i'll put that on the list.

Hey Kings Fan, thx for the input, but it sounds like a driver re-install might be a cheap possible fix, i'll put that on the list.

No problem ... if it was like my case, I think it gave me some error code in game or when it crashed ? and I did a google search of that code which is what told me about the issue RealTek drivers had with the COD games and to reinstall drivers and or the COD game ... Good luck getting your issue resolved :).

Any NVIDIA GeForce from 400s-500s is good. I think i just got the ASUS top NVIDIA GeForce 450 GTS, but i am not sure. Its really nice, along with this 27inch Monitor, i run 1920x1080p on every game (CoD2,CoD4, Black Ops, MW2, when i played World Of Warcraft, Rift, etc)

• 4 months later...

Unfortuneately, I don't get any error codes at all, it just freezes and stays there. I've dumped and re-installed drivers repeatedly with no effect. Not sure what the problem is.....I did install another fan and cleaned the computer out a couple times and that didnt help much either.

my computer has:

win xp pro ver. 2002 sp3

AMD Athlon 64x2 dual

core processor 3800+

2.01 GHz 2 GB RAM

Video Card is Nvidia GEForce 8800GTS

im not sue about the sound, idk if its motherboard or seperate card