Getting Subwoofer's installed in my car

Penisland

Looks very nice! It will definitely be loud and sound amazing. I'm not sure if that $600-700 sound processor is worth it. Focals are very nice. I'd spend that money on a custom box (only if going ported), deep cell battery, and a larger output alternator.

The subwoofer is the last chain link in a SQ system.

Im a competitor in my country, and im in the Team SQ México, which this year is doing so good, we have a few world champions, in IASCA and USACI; im amateur and i do it just for fun, i dont think go to USA for a copetition.

The front speakers is most important than sub´s, actually, if you listen a SQ system, the sub is almost imperceptible.

Belive or not, the INSTALLATION is the most important thing in a car audio system. the correct soundproofing, wirig, speakers angulation and more, is more important to the sub.

I think you want a SQL system, which is diferent a SQ system, actually, the SQ you CANT hear out of the car, and the SQL you could.

Image Dynamic´s maded a very good subwoofers, is lame this brand disapears :(

Focal, is 1 of my favorite brands, but is so expensive to the result´s, and the ms-8 mmmmm if you choose a good H.U. i dont think you need it..

I have an IDQ 10v3 and its sound very beautyful, i use to use a 4 way active system, (tw, fullrange, midbass, subwoofer) with DC Reference Zapco amp´s, and it´s sound incredible..... but i have to uninstal all my system, because the insecurity we are living in my city (it´s sucks :angry: )

I replaced it for a CDT Audio coaxial speakers and a 6w3 JL Audio (6.5" sub) and i installed in a T-Line accustic box, and sound very very well, to loud to a 6" sub :yahoo

If you want to now and learn about car audio you can go to DIYmobile forum, there are a FAQ´s section and how´s to....

Sorry about my bad english, im just learnin, and started a few weeks ago, so, soon ill speaks/write better LOL

greetings from Monterrey, México!!

The subwoofer is the last chain link in a SQ system.

Im a competitor in my country, and im in the Team SQ México, which this year is doing so good, we have a few world champions, in IASCA and USACI; im amateur and i do it just for fun, i dont think go to USA for a copetition.

The front speakers is most important than sub´s, actually, if you listen a SQ system, the sub is almost imperceptible.

Belive or not, the INSTALLATION is the most important thing in a car audio system. the correct soundproofing, wirig, speakers angulation and more, is more important to the sub.

I think you want a SQL system, which is diferent a SQ system, actually, the SQ you CANT hear out of the car, and the SQL you could.

Image Dynamic´s maded a very good subwoofers, is lame this brand disapears

Focal, is 1 of my favorite brands, but is so expensive to the result´s, and the ms-8 mmmmm if you choose a good H.U. i dont think you need it..

I have an IDQ 10v3 and its sound very beautyful, i use to use a 4 way active system, (tw, fullrange, midbass, subwoofer) with DC Reference Zapco amp´s, and it´s sound incredible..... but i have to uninstal all my system, because the insecurity we are living in my city (it´s sucks :angry: )

I replaced it for a CDT Audio coaxial speakers and a 6w3 JL Audio (6.5" sub) and i installed in a T-Line accustic box, and sound very very well, to loud to a 6" sub :yahoo

If you want to now and learn about car audio you can go to DIYmobile forum, there are a FAQ´s section and how´s to....

Sorry about my bad english, im just learnin, and started a few weeks ago, so, soon ill speaks/write better LOL

greetings from Monterrey, México!!

Its funny you should mention it Matasanos :) I started to read alot on the subject and found out so much. I decided to start from the FRONT of the car and work my way back to the subs. For the components I am getting the Rainbow Vanadium 3 way series ...900 bucks man :o heard its better than focal utopias lol

I am going to sound deaden (dynamat) my doors, floor, trunk, and roof 2 layers thick.

for my head unit I am getting a pioneer DEX p99r ..thats one kick ass HU man..it has a 31 band equalizer and a built in processor lol it runs at 1k

for my rear fill I am still undecided

and for amps for my components either a mcintosh amp, jl, or some other clean power amp

and for subs either IDMAX or JLw6's

hows that gona suound you think?

well.. the most expensive sepeakers, could sound like shit if you dont know their t/s parameters, and you dont instal properly.... Rainbow speakers, brax, dynaudio and scan speaks are my wet dreams LOL..

What do you want?? competition?? or just sound for fun?? this questions are the begining of your system planning.

if you want to go a competition, you need a lot of hours installing speakers (angulation, position, choosing btwn kick panels or door panels, pillars A; searching for wave rebound into the car, soundproofing even the dasrboard, and a lot thing you have to take in consideration on the install) yes, it a lot of work, but its funny, if you love it, and you dont need rear fill, dont spend money in it..

That Pioneer is just awesome, lol its about 1,300 USDollars!! :blink:

and, Mc´s amps, well if you want to competition, you need have all amps at same brand... i dont think Mc´s can do it with 2 IDMAX, by the way, IDMAX are too mush for a SQ system..

if you want the system just for fun, well, i would choose another brand of speakers, less expensive and more noisy (DLS have the X-Program which have a lots db´s with SQ of DLS), and just deadened your doors, floor and trunk, and your 2 subs, you will be ok :)

this is a link of the last competition i have, last weekend :)

http://www.decibeles.com/ipb2/index.php?/topic/18376-money-round-mty/page__st__60

go to the page 5, for pictures, the green bug was the best of the show on killer sound wave south island Texas... ovbiuslly with the trunk carpeted lol ... and the with chevy was the world shampion amateur the last year...