Lag?

Louis Vuitton

hey guys i play on the begginers server. Just wanted some help on some issues. Ever since i downloaded that pk3 cleaner on the fa site my pings gone crazy it goes from 200-900? constantly lag and i cant play properly, its been doing this for the last day or two. Anyone got some ideas on how to fix this?

• Administrators

Maybe you don,t have to fix this,Beginners server got updated recently,maybe it just needs some time to get things back to normal.

Ping got nothing to do with server update or pk3 cleaner.

95% time ping issue = client side issue.

• Administrators

And other 5% ?

That could happen because of switches/routers which connects your PC to server. Those things happens only once a while throughout the year because if it happens then not only one user is affected but it affects more then 'thousands' of user and hence data center takes care of it quickly.

That could happen because of switches/routers which connects your PC to server. Those things happens only once a while throughout the year because if it happens then not only one user is affected but it affects more then 'thousands' of user and hence data center takes care of it quickly.

Yeah i guess it probably could be my router, i live in a third world country so internet isnt that good + most fo the ET servers are located in america so its typicaly normal to have a high ping i guess.

• Administrators

Yeah i guess it probably could be my router, i live in a third world country so internet isnt that good + most fo the ET servers are located in america so its typicaly normal to have a high ping i guess.

Could be CPU stall also. When CPU starts hanging up ping increases.

Would suggest to run winMTR so that you can make sure, it's not your router or modem or firewall.

Follow the topic link which C@nos posted.

• 3 weeks later...

clean your computer up, when i lag i run avg, ccleaner and malawarebyte and try a defrag and restart when all complete... this usually help for me. close you unused process too, if you're comfortable closing these