Gas And OIl Companies Corporate Greed

Larabeast

A whole country drops off the map and stops using oil and gas because of disasters. Thousands and thousands of people started riding bicycles again because the streets of japan are too cluttered to drive on. There are no longer millions of people using gas in japan, I remember that being the oil companies excuse for the gas prices "Highest Price Ever" a while back. They'll use anything as an excuse to raise the gas prices on us. And guess what? They made billions of dollars this year, last year, and 5 years before that. Why the hell are the gas prices so high when we have anything but a shortage of it AND a WHOLE country drops off the map for oil usage and OUR gas is going to go up? What has the world come to?

A whole country drops off the map and stops using oil and gas because of disasters. Thousands and thousands of people started riding bicycles again because the streets of japan are too cluttered to drive on. There are no longer millions of people using gas in japan, I remember that being the oil companies excuse for the gas prices "Highest Price Ever" a while back. They'll use anything as an excuse to raise the gas prices on us. And guess what? They made billions of dollars this year, last year, and 5 years before that. Why the hell are the gas prices so high when we have anything but a shortage of it AND a WHOLE country drops off the map for oil usage and OUR gas is going to go up? What has the world come to?

THE END!!!

It's just corporate greed plain and simple. No other way to put it. All the excuses they make wouldn't have any bearing on the prices, and my point SHOULD have a GREAT bearing on the gas prices. They should be dropping dramatically since hardly anyone in Japan is using gas, not rising like mad because they came up with another lame ass excuse that makes no sense.

Oil is priced in US dollars, a weaker dollar (mainly due to quantitative easing which the US treasury is currently enacting) will drive oil higher and gas prices as well. Oil and gas companies adjust as oil prices adjust on the global market. Higher oil prices then lead to inflation for other goods due to higher transportation costs and is one of the negative effects of QE.

It's Libya. Sanctions are in the process of being imposed on Qaddafi's regime to prevent him from selling oil.

The interesting thing (to a daytrader like me anyway) is that the main oil company, Tamoil, has been excluded from the EU's sanction list. If the sanction gets extended to Tamoil, the oil price (for Europe anyway) will go up even more due to the sudden need to have an alternate supply. So you have people placing orders with other distributors to prepare for the supply cutoff.

Also, the Yemeni government is about to collapse, and they are also a minor exporter of oil and natural gas.

Hard to go wrong with oil investments at the moment lol.

I hear the same thing at my job. People always asking why the prices are jumping on goods. I tell them that as the dollar falls, the prices go up. On top of that, it doesn't help that 50 percent of the cost of buying anything is made up of taxes. Taxed from the production to manufacturing to retail.

My car IS an aquafina bilboard, They paid for my car and I don't spend money on gas I don't care if it jumps to $20 a gallon.

You stupid troll. Oil is traded worldwide in dollars. American currency. If gas was 20 dollars a gallon, it would mean that our currency has tanked and is probably still falling. Seeing as how everything is either made with oil or needs oil to work. Everything in your life will be expensive, not just 20 dollars a gallon for gasoline. Seen food prices lately?? I work retail, I know exactly what the next jump is about to be. Be prepared people, inflation on basic necessities are going to make life just a bit more harder.