Friend Hacked Through X-Box

Larabeast

This should be a big reason not to buy X-box live via credit card, GO to the store and buy a card. My friend's dad used his card to get him 2 years of membership, 3 months later his bank is contacting him over $2,000 in X-box live charges to another account. -What do you think of this and do you know of this happening to anyone?

I can agree with purchasing the cards at a retailer instead of through the Xbox live website or over the phone as it's usually a few cents cheaper. Only downside is trying to redeem the card over the Xbox may take a few tries.

Through their website, when changing my credit card information, I was billed for 2 years of Xbox live when I only wanted one.

Their phone support is horrible for billing, they were unable to help me refund the additional year to the appropriate card.

Yuppers! Thats why I stick to the walmart cards!! Though my bro is one of those dudes who likes to try to hack peoples xbox live accounts.... tisk tisk!

• 11 months later...

Family member had this happen to him only 600 points and xbox credited him them back but he linked his debit card directly to his live account. Well after a freeze on all his accounts turns out these hackers tried running up his card. Also were able to access his Facebook account and changed his password because he linked everything together. Not saying this is a bad idea just have to be careful and take appropriate security measures.

I listed two links 1st one gets into a few peoples miss fortunes and 2nd link gives you tips on how to prevent this from happening to you..

Commonly known as Phishing

http://forums.xbox.c...970/993680.aspx

http://www.xbox.com/.../Stolen-Account

Smoking1.........

My cousin did manage to walk away from all this with two achievements unlocked from FIFA 12 and doesn't even own the game...

Edited by Smoking1
  • Like 1