Here's a question for all you snipers

darkfang77

A few months ago I remember very strongly that I was on a 30 kill streak as cvops sniper on Venice (axis),

so here's the scenario, I'm on the pillars (near the footbridge that leads from boat barrier) and I'm sniping.

Then bang, this sniper swim-STRAFES across the river, and silences me in two shots!

When I tried to repeat his move later, I found I couldn't do it as I lost my scope too quickly, i.e. as soon as I pressed alt fire

So here's the question:

Is it possible to snipe with garand whilst in the water (I mean by keeping yourself afloat purely on the spacebar alone)?

And if not, how can you snipe like this? Is this through the binocular, quickfire method? (rightclick, fire asap, then lose your scope then binos again).

This was on Jay 1 btw, and I'm sorry but I don't have demo, ss as it happened too quickly.

Well, if 'sniper' is skilled, it is possible. I've played with one of the best et polish sniper. Whew I saw him first time, only one word came out from my mouth 'hax'. He didn't use hax at all. There is no demo and no info about this player so we technicly can't do anything.

And yes, it is possible if you use binoc. At least I was able to do it couple months ago :hmm

There is no demo and no info about this player so we technicly can't do anything.

I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just too awestruck that this was actually possible, as you can never shoot straight in the water.

You can shot from the water, jumping or with binoc, but all depends of your skills or your pretty good config. Many people use an config to every class so the sniper isn't the exception.

I've sniped from the water before and when I have I can agree that when I'm in a scoped mode and try to move side to side I end up losing my scoped view. Of course if you move a little bit at a time you might not fall outta ur scoped mode. As far as accuracy I think its best to aim for the chest area and above to ensure you hit the guy. Timing is everything as well.

You can shot from the water, jumping or with binoc, but all depends of your skills or your pretty good config. Many people use an config to every class so the sniper isn't the exception.

I find shooting from the water very difficult, most of them, the bullets coming out don't even go near the xhair, or the bullets are like 2s slower or something, must be a quirk in my cfg...

I've sniped from the water before and when I have I can agree that when I'm in a scoped mode and try to move side to side I end up losing my scoped view. Of course if you move a little bit at a time you might not fall outta ur scoped mode. As far as accuracy I think its best to aim for the chest area and above to ensure you hit the guy. Timing is everything as well.

Fair enough, I suppose if you're a pro like suicidalm you can pull it off...

I'm pretty sure that was me. I recall doing something like that to a few people. In jaymod its really easy. Your scope stays up in the water and you can shoot like normal if you aren't moving sideways, if your strafing just quickscope or use binocs. In etpub/silent its much harder, the scope doesn't stay up so you need to quickscope it, but I usually use binocs in water. Entirely possible.

Could of also been fluke and crazy luck, one of those things you do once and could never pull off again kinda deals haha

Lol no way, I was on 30 kill streak, literally nothing got past me (this disguised cvops thought he was clever trying to sneak straight across my scope, nailed him without trying as he happened to run across my sight).

I'm pretty sure that was me. I recall doing something like that to a few people. In jaymod its really easy. Your scope stays up in the water and you can shoot like normal if you aren't moving sideways, if your strafing just quickscope or use binocs. In etpub/silent its much harder, the scope doesn't stay up so you need to quickscope it, but I usually use binocs in water. Entirely possible.

Are you using a cfg or script to do that? I tried it afterwards, and I just couldn't do it. I'll try the bino-quickscope method when I get my computer up and running again.

Lol no way, I was on 30 kill streak, literally nothing got past me (this disguised cvops thought he was clever trying to sneak straight across my scope, nailed him without trying as he happened to run across my sight).

Are you using a cfg or script to do that? I tried it afterwards, and I just couldn't do it. I'll try the bino-quickscope method when I get my computer up and running again.

No, I run default with bobs off, which i believe are forced off anyways on FA.

Just get in the water hold jump(space) then scope.

That doesn't mean that some random couldn't have done a quick shot or two that he fluked out on and ended up getting hs. Doesn't necessarily have to be skill, everyone makes lucky shots from time to time haha

A few months ago I remember very strongly that I was on a 30 kill streak as cvops sniper on Venice (axis),

so here's the scenario, I'm on the pillars (near the footbridge that leads from boat barrier) and I'm sniping.

Then bang, this sniper swim-STRAFES across the river, and silences me in two shots!

When I tried to repeat his move later, I found I couldn't do it as I lost my scope too quickly, i.e. as soon as I pressed alt fire

So here's the question:

Is it possible to snipe with garand whilst in the water (I mean by keeping yourself afloat purely on the spacebar alone)?

And if not, how can you snipe like this? Is this through the binocular, quickfire method? (rightclick, fire asap, then lose your scope then binos again).

This was on Jay 1 btw, and I'm sorry but I don't have demo, ss as it happened too quickly.

This is very much possible and I found it out very quickly after reading this. Scope in the water, when you start to go under just hold jump some, It's as easy as that lol.

This is very much possible and I found it out very quickly after reading this. Scope in the water, when you start to go under just hold jump some, It's as easy as that lol.

No, that wasn't how the sniper was doing it,

he was actually floating across the water, not bobbing above and below the water line, to do that, you need to have your space bar pressed down for the whole duration, therefore he couldn't have scoped under the water.

You can stay scoped in holding space when you're in the water. You asked, try it...... No reason to argue.

I have... and I'm not arguing, I'm explaining how it was done to get answers.

It didn't work btw, lost my scope straight away.