COD 4 problem

Try to reboote it, easiest solution. Other option, after such black screen, terminate CoD (either with task manager or reboot whole system), and restart. It then asks if it should start in safe-mode. Does it work then?

Try to reboote it, easiest solution. Other option, after such black screen, terminate CoD (either with task manager or reboot whole system), and restart. It then asks if it should start in safe-mode. Does it work then?

i just rebooted my whole system, i was asked to run it in safe mode but still black screen :s

What kind of Graphics card and cpu do you have in the laptop? Also have you installed drivers recently?

nvidia geforce gt325M

I5 - 436M cpu

not that i can remember i had to return my laptop to the store and i just got it back

but its just with cod4 that i have this problem with mw2 and black ops i don't have any trouble

All i can suggest is trying uninstalling all drivers then going to the nvidia site and manually downloading the Gt325m drivers(make sure you remove them all, overlapping drivers can cause your computer to crash), i've had an issue like this with an old ati card and it worked. Or you can re-installing cod 4 again.

Sometimes it does, On my old 3870 i had graphical issues with Red alert 3 but i could play cod 4 and Cnc 3 fine. The graphics issue were due to corrupt drivers that came with the disk, once i deleted them and got them off the Ati site it was gone.

Edited by FiveMagic