Amd laptop Cpu plz FA techs help :)

FiveMagic

I'm a little worried about a cpu i am looking at in a laptop, it's a "Amd Phenom II x4 p940 quad core 1.7ghz"

Every time i google it i get the desktop version on this cpu, there are just a few sites that have a benchmark and from those it says it's inbetween a i3-350M 2.27ghz and a i3 370m 2.4ghz.

Benchmark i3 350m = 2051

i3 370m = 2227

i5 430m = 2349

----------------------------

Amd p940 = 2199

The site i used is www.cpubenchmark.net (is this site reliable? Or are the Benches reliable?) , This cpu is better then my old laptop cpu (turion 2.2ghz duel = 1300 bench) but for games that recommend 2.4ghz duel will this be sufficient? This my only option atm because i'm trading in my laptop and this is the best laptop aviaiable.

As far as I know, a benchmark is not used as a metric for recommended or base requirements for software.

If the benchmark is accurate, however, it seems that it would be sufficient. I can't verify that they are legit because I don't work for them... but based on a few things on the site, i.e. contact us and copyright and such, it seems ok.

yeah man. you should be good. i have the phenom II x3 720 in my pc. i unlocked the 4th core and did a slight 200mhz overclock to 3.0Ghz. even tho i am running at 3.02Ghz i am rated at 6.7ghz or 7.6....i forget. but you are running 4 cores as well and should see something similiar. besides, the processor cant carry the whole workload...you video card has to be sufficient enough to run Black Ops (which im sure it is...but still, thought i should throw it out there)

not sure if you went through with the purchase yet but I'd like to emphasize the point that for gaming, your video card matters a heck of a lot more than the cpu and makes more of a difference than a dualcore vs quad(amd in your case). On the offhand that the laptop you got does have a decent video card, enjoy :D and happy gaming

not sure if you went through with the purchase yet but I'd like to emphasize the point that for gaming, your video card matters a heck of a lot more than the cpu and makes more of a difference than a dualcore vs quad(amd in your case). On the offhand that the laptop you got does have a decent video card, enjoy :D and happy gaming

Thanks alot! I did make the purchase and i'm very happy with it. First time i've been able to max cod 4 and still have 50- 91fps compared to my old junky 4570 which was all on low and a small res.