Whats wrong with this bind?

Chuckun

Just tried it out with holding it :)

On Jay 2 it works as expected; only it needs an extra -attack at the end because it kept firing when it went back to SMG..

However, on Jay 3 where you have two weapons on slot 3, it doesn't work.. it simply pulls out adren, switches back to smg, then keeps alternating between MP40 and Tompson.. So cant use it there..

Anyways, thanks guys :) I'm ok now :D

Chuck

did you use

bind a "vstr adrentoggle"

set adrentoggle "vstr adren_a"

set adren_b "set adrentoggle vstr adren_a; weaponbank 3"

set adren_a "set adrentoggle vstr adren_b; weaponbank 7" --> that does not look as if it works

or

bind a "+vstr adren_a adren_b"

set adren_a "weaponbank 7; wait 2; +attack"

set adren_b "-attack; weaponbank 3"

if you use the last one, try to play a little bit with the wait cmd

did you use

bind a "vstr adrentoggle"

set adrentoggle "vstr adren_a"

set adren_b "set adrentoggle vstr adren_a; weaponbank 3"

set adren_a "set adrentoggle vstr adren_b; weaponbank 7" --> that does not look as if it works

or

bind a "+vstr adren_a adren_b"

set adren_a "weaponbank 7; wait 2; +attack"

set adren_b "-attack; weaponbank 3"

if you use the last one, try to play a little bit with the wait cmd

The first one (the toggle) works fine.. As it's just a toggle, nothing more..

The second one works on Jay2 but not Jay3 cause of the two-weapon thing >.<

:)

i would not use any wait cmds in my cfg, they cause more trouble than they are useful. the wait time depends on your fps, so is one sec wait time = 125 or 43 frames? Richt, you can limit it, but still you never will it have as constant as you need it.

pressing 7 on my keyboard breaks my hand too, so i dont use that weaponbank. why dont you simply change the key of weaponbank 7?

i would not use any wait cmds in my cfg, they cause more trouble than they are useful. the wait time depends on your fps, so is one sec wait time = 125 or 43 frames? Richt, you can limit it, but still you never will it have as constant as you need it.

pressing 7 on my keyboard breaks my hand too, so i dont use that weaponbank. why dont you simply change the key of weaponbank 7?

+1

The "wait" command puts you at a disadvantage, because you can't switch to your smg if someone sneaks up on you while you are waiting the second or two for the script to run. Also depending on your fps it might be shorter or faster than necessary, so you should optimize the time put in the wait command. "wait" tells the game engine to wait that number of frames, not milliseconds or any actual time unit. So if you have maxfps 125 but you are on a laggy server running at 50 fps you will wait two seconds for the 100 frames, which is not good. So you can't get consistent time unless you add a command in the script to lower your maxfps (com_maxfps 50 for example) so you know exactly how much time will be used. Then at the end of the script you add another com_maxfps command to set it back to whatever you want it to be.

Best to use a toggle script, so you can switch back and forth very quickly between adren and smg. There is an example above.

Here is another example: You can use any letter you want instead of Q. I never use Q for leaning, so it is good for me.

//adren toggle

bind q "vstr adren"

set adren "vstr adrenon"

set adrenon "weaponbank 7; set adren vstr adrenoff"

set adrenoff "weaponbank 2; weaponbank 3; set adren vstr adrenon"

This one switches to your pistol first, and then to your smg, when you switch back from the adrenaline. Just in case you are out of smg ammo. Otherwise you will be stuck on the adrenaline.

But the pistol to smg switch is not delayed, so it is instantly done and you won't even see the pistol unless you are out of smg ammo.

Neat huh?