RTCW?

Atheist

Heya Guys I was just wondering if RTCW was freeware? If not I was wondering how I could get myself a copy? I used to play it on my friends computer put he had deleted it an then I couldn't find it at any of my local shops. Appreciate any help given! Thanks in advance!

I think its still available on steam, but its really only worth getting for the singleplayer. Steam limits the game quite a bit, afaik there is no way to get the latest patch to actually work, and there are no servers for the base game.

You can probably get it on amazon or ebay, but it will be pricey.

Yea even 1.0 OSP servers are active. Too bad that 1.4 OSP servers are empty nowadays.

Yeh , already didnt bothered to patch to 1.4 cause there only one 1.4 active server out there imho and its an 24/7 beach server .

I used to play on that ECG Beach server, glad to hear it is still around.

I played RTCW about six months ago just for fun. I still have my legit copy from nine years ago.

I remember all the RTCW players bitching when ET came out that everyone was leaving RTCW for ET.

I just did an Ebay search and here are about twenty copies for sale:

http://video-games.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Return+to+Castle+Wolfenstein&_sacat=1249&_odkw=RTCW&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313