Best Ways To Reduce Lag

Ace

Damit! I didnt Get all of that guys! Can you repeat! LOL

NA thanks for the tips all! My dam lag gets me right when I start having a good day. Then it happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAM 500 ping.

Crap might as well have my dog roll in crap and come up to me to pet him. I say the same thing with crappy ping and dog!

"SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT" I will say!

:mad

Edited by GIJOE

Sorry, this is not anymore about reducing lag. Hope you can tolerate it:)

I like a little bit of accel so I don't have to whip my mouse hand around a lot when I am playing shooter games. Also, it is a crutch since my reflexes are not as good as when I was 20 (or 30 lol). I tweak my config and study everything about the game to compensate.

Ye if you have got used to acceleration, it might be hard to play without it. But the fact is, your tracking will suffer from it. Maybe not much if you are comfortable with your sens+accel thing.

Age, getting older is just the unavoidable fact, unfortunately in games that means slower reflexes. But it can be compensated for example learning new methods for aiming, like learning to aim with your movement + not moving your mouse so much.

But with reflex you don't have to make 180 degree turns when someone is shooting you, like you do in ET. So I use accel in ET to help me make those sudden moves needed in ET. 0.05 is really light, you won't overshoot the target, just get there faster.

Ye, well, its again all about habits and how comfortable you are with acc. The question is: can you really do it as accurate as without acc?

After all, the acceleration thing is personal question(imo age+cfg(scripts related to accel thing)+habit/preference). Facts are, with accel tracking is harder, but with low sens u can still do large and fast swaps. Everyone can choose.

At the end, I'll post how I personally do this mouse thing(i'll copy it from my random post somewhere else):

1. Mouse: Low sens/midsens-->optical, high sens-->care

2. win sens 6/11

3. Disable acc from windows

4. Mouse Hz 500/1000 (get stable)

5. Get about good DPI (usually 200-1000)

6. Get perfect in-game sens after u have done steps 2-5, so steps 2-5 are the basement for ur sens.

7. Profit/win

And the best website around mouse things(for ET/Q3 engine):

http://lawliet.wippiespace.com/mouse.htm

+ to clarify 2 things if u dont know:

winsens(windows sensitivity): http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2961/winsens.png

mouse info sens explained: http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4346/mouseinfosensexplained.png

P.S. SunLight: I use nowdays ~25cm/360, just because 75cm hurted too much my shoulders.

Btw my sens what I have used at ET:

Years 0-4: ~10cm/360

Years 4-5: ~50cm/360

Years 5-6: ~75cm/360 (tried 100cm/360 for a while, but it didn't worked so well, mostly because mousemat was a way too small(45,5cm x 35,5cm))

Years 6-?: ~25cm/360

What is the best sens? Dunno, I feel comfortable pretty much with every sens, just need couple of weeks to get used to it. Imo its just all about good mousecontrolling, I mean how well u can handle ur mouse(ofc then there cames musclememory, hand-eye coordination...).

Random video to the end, me playing around 2006-2007 with 10cm/360 degeree sensitivity, I found the demo from my harddrive months later and made a fast video with Fraps(lol):

EDIT: As you can see, I was highsenser back then, and I had that "highsens aimingstyle" aka I'm not moving my mouse much(if at all lolz), but I'm aiming by my movement keys. So basically I just lock my crosshair to enemy and then I start to follow him when he is strafing/moving. (btw I had a very basic, old optic mouse back then, not any "gaming mouse". If I remember correctly, it was MS Optical Wheel 1.1 or smthng. Pretty good overall shape + it was very light, but hardware in it sucked(like I knew anything about it back then lol)).

Edited by BossHK

• 3 years later...

Hi biggrin.gif.I will show you the best ways to reduce lag.I always use these and get below 100 ping.Here they are.

/cl_maxpackets 100

/rate 25000

/snaps 40

/com_maxfps 85

Ctrl+Alt+Delete,Open Task Manager,Go To Processes,End The Bad/Useless Processes.

Scan your computer for viruses,trojans,spyware,bugs,riskware.Fix them immediately after.

Defragment your Hard Drives

Close Background Applications/Processes

Disable Unnecessary Drivers and Windows Services

Lower Resolution

Lower Audio

Download Gamebooster,Tweak Settings,Reduce Ping

Download Device Doctor,Update Your Drivers For FREE

Hope This Helped biggrin.gif

I will update it if I find out more smile.gif

Thanks for giving information.It's very useful tips for beginners.When i had a lag problem while playing online game,i followed the same way.After that i checked my lag rate whether it's low or high using WhoisXY.com  I got good results.

• 1 year later...

setting you fps to 76 or 125 will help trickjumping. one cvar I find helps alot is  /set cl_timenudge. luckily im so close to server my ping is usually in teens on #2

rabbit

timenudge is only a visual fix, not the actual fix, so u shouldn't be missguiding other ppl into believing that its actually helps reducing ping.

• Like 1

Beatrix latency fix may help in games other than the one it was intended for. It was made for WoW, but it lowered my ping severely in a shooter in the past.

You should look into it to add to your tutorial.