ET ALT CODES FOR ALIAS

HaLLoWeeN

• Platinum VIP

k guys.........simple question.....

can alt codes be used to add to your alias?

Thank You.

10 hours ago, HaLLoWeeN said:

k guys.........simple question.....

can alt codes be used to add to your alias?

Thank You.

What s an alt code?  This? : !@#$%^&<>[])(*

If that s the case, yes you can add them in your ingame name. If that s not what you ment plz explain? 

• Platinum VIP

alt codes give extra characters that are not on the keyboard.... nevertheless... i will continue to find a way.. if there is one.

Łïķẽ ťħěşẽ right ? 

if you hold alt and do 0176 on numpad it gives you the angle sign, thus the reason behind “Alt code” or alt characters 

Edited by Shoresy

• Platinum VIP

they dont seem to work on ET.

feel free to try it yourself

hope im wrong

@HaLLoWeeN depending on the system, it will work to some extent, meaning some codes ok and others not.

For example the vertical line | , im using the alt 124 code on any system since my first computer 30 years ago (which is useful for the =F|A= tag btw). I just never know where to find them...

The characters from alt 1 to 31 on the other hand may not be implemented everywhere, or with very different visual rendering.

PS: i don't think I've mentioned it before, but I'm loving the dancing pumpkins in your signature 😍

• Like 1

• Leader
23 minutes ago, HaLLoWeeN said:

they dont seem to work on ET.

feel free to try it yourself

hope im wrong

They should not work on ET, which only uses the low 7-bits of ASCII, with values up to 128.  Extended-ASCII uses all 8 bits, with values up to 256 decimal.

"ASCII has just 128 code points, of which only 95 are printable characters,"   

I used to see some names with what looked like colored versions of extended-ASCII on the end of them.  I don't know how that was done and have not seen any in years.

I think that they might have shown up in names of players who had just come from an ETPro server. :?: 

@Lagging Noob answered while I was searching for "extended-ascii codes in ETPro" 😄

Google found "the gold" on FA in a tutorial written in 2014 by @Mr.Karizmatic 😄 

Ahh, he says that ext-ASCII could be exploited on server with no PunkBuster used, but that the latest (back then) server-mods had blocked it.  I don't know if he meant "the exploits" or the "symbols added to names".  :hmm 

You can experiment.  😄 

• Like 1

So I actually did test this on Silent and ETL. Both worked like a charm. 

not sure about other mods. If it doesn’t work it should appear either blank or an outlined box. If it worked it’ll obviously type your character out. But nevertheless:

ETL: Mod -
Silent Mod -  

additionally, I can’t imagine there being any true issue as anyone can do /players and use commands via their slot # instead of attempting to recreate their character. 

Edited by Shoresy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Silent supports extended ASCII but in the same time you can’t use any non-literal characters in names.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1