*warning may be unsettling to people who don’t like blood. When you think you’ve had a bad day, check my day out

Smashy

Posted (edited)

So I get to work, 3 emergency surgeries already waiting for me. This is 7am. Those are bladder stones, they were in a 10lb dog.
I’ve done CPR twice already today.

so if you think you’re having a bad day, it could always be worse! 

IMG_3761.thumb.jpeg.d858b35b6ddec42e83fb051296937267.jpeg

Edited by Smashy
  • Like 2
  • Surprise 8

• Leader
14 hours ago, Smashy said:

Those are bladder stones, they were in a 10lb dog.

Did the dog weigh 5 pounds (2.3 kg) after the surgery? 😮 

Posted (edited)

Ok I am interested. 

not the right wording; that’s really crappy. I am sorry :( 

I too often have bad days, being the sole engineer / maintenance technician for a metal stamping facility for auto parts in the auto capitol lol. It def has its downsides. I also keep major job security for the general surgeons at the local hospital as I am always getting caught up. Literally, 5 surgeries on me in the last year due to injuries, one being near life threatening lol. 😂 hence the “interest” 

Edited by Shoresy
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, RedBaird said:

Did the dog weigh 5 pounds (2.3 kg) after the surgery? 😮 

9.7 after surgery.  Overweight yorkie. Freaking sausage dog. Those are the largest bladder stones I’ve ever seen.

• Surprise 1

4 hours ago, Shoresy said:

Ok I am interested. 

not the right wording; that’s really crappy. I am sorry :( 

I too often have bad days, being the sole engineer / maintenance technician for a metal stamping facility for auto parts in the auto capitol lol. It def has its downsides. I also keep major job security for the general surgeons at the local hospital as I am always getting caught up. Literally, 5 surgeries on me in the last year due to injuries, one being near life threatening lol. 😂 hence the “interest” 

I could get a whole surgery thread going, but I think I’d get booted real quick from the forums 🥹 I’ve done some interesting stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smashy said:

I could get a whole surgery thread going, but I think I’d get booted real quick from the forums 🥹 I’ve done some interesting stuff. 

I’m assuming all animals eh? 

if was on humans I’d say absolutely make one! Lmao 🤣 I can handle human horror stories/pics all day but when it comes to an animal it breaks my heart I love animals too much 

1 minute ago, Shoresy said:

I’m assuming all animals eh? 

if was on humans I’d say absolutely make one! Lmao 🤣 I can handle human horror stories/pics all day but when it comes to an animal it breaks my heart I love animals too much 

Oh yeah humans make me gag. All animals lol 

Just now, Smashy said:

Oh yeah humans make me gag. All animals lol 

Yeah I’ve seen some twisted up humans before lol. (I actually mean that literally somehow) 😬 not to mention my frequent visits myself haha. 

There is a hand surgeon that works out of University of Michigan hospital who knows me on first name, even has texted me occasionally to make sure I still have all 10 fingers lmao we joke about me getting a hole punch card an reward membership every 100 stitches or every 2 911 calls my work has to make for me my next visit is on them xD 

9 hours ago, Shoresy said:

Yeah I’ve seen some twisted up humans before lol. (I actually mean that literally somehow) 😬 not to mention my frequent visits myself haha. 

There is a hand surgeon that works out of University of Michigan hospital who knows me on first name, even has texted me occasionally to make sure I still have all 10 fingers lmao we joke about me getting a hole punch card an reward membership every 100 stitches or every 2 911 calls my work has to make for me my next visit is on them xD 

How the heck have you injured yourself that much?! 

1 hour ago, Smashy said:

How the heck have you injured yourself that much?! 

Well, tis is because being the head of maintenance at my job, anytime something stops working or has any type of issue. People will make their attempt at fixing said situation (which is what I hate the most) 

It would be much nicer if they just left it alone if it stops lol. 

But 90% of the time they will take something simple and make it worse, and not even know what is wrong. 

So here is me now, going to a machine that is not working properly, not having a clue what is wrong. So I get put into situations that are often unknown. Also if anything becomes "unsafe" it is actually my responsibility to be the one to mark it as "unsafe" for anyone else to deal with. This includes myself. Well there is really only 1 way to find out if its too unsafe for even me 😄 haha. 

I try, but sometimes things are unpredictable and things projectile towards me or whatever case may be that day. Its totally random every time and never the same issue its always something brand new. I am just lucky I suppose. Or unlucky, idk yet. 😛

• Surprise 2