Windows R.I.P My RTX 2060 Super :(

Dimo4ka

Hello everyone, bad news, my RTX 2060 super, which served me for about 4 years, told me “farewell my love” and showed me artifacts on the screen, the video chip fell off, to say that I was upset is to say nothing.

image.thumb.png.78639ab3d61be94a2cf48c85d8d0d6b7.png

(NOT MY IMAGE) I got approximately this type of screen today when I started the computer in the morning, now the video card does not output images to the monitor at all. I have already managed to extract it. I thought maybe some master's could help me by resoldering the chip or something like that, but they told me that I would just take it to the trash heap :'/ or sell it for parts to those in need

Due to the not particularly large budget, the need to pay for university, and the computer is constantly needed, I will have to buy something much less expensive, and at the same time very urgently, because I could not wait.

In general, the budget is modest, so I have to choose between GTX 1650 (ddr6, 12000 MHz, 4gB) or Amd RX 6400 (ddr6, 16000 MHz, 4gB). On the one hand, RX is better, but it has a much weaker bus and memory bus bandwidth, only 64 vs 128 in 1650, BUT RX has more GPU frequency and memory grequency.

In general, the question is pressing, the price seems to be the same, but there is a lot of doubt.

Who has used such devices, what are your impressions? What's the best takeaway from this? I only have a couple of days to think about it, I can’t wait any longer, but I can’t choose either. Objectively, few people can explain, but choosing GTX because it’s NVIDIA, well, that’s not an argument. Before the RTX 2060, I had a RX550, which saw a lot of things and was retired. In this matter, I am not particularly whimsical, but for this amount I would like to get the conditional maximum that I can at least for a year in advance.

It’s clear that later I will buy something newer, but it will be in a year, or maybe a year and a half, I can’t say yet.

Edited by Dimo4ka
  • Sad 4
  • Surprise 1

Hey, I know it may seem to be funny, but with my old GTX 760 when it has artifacts i just dissasembly all components and just put it in the oven for 15 min, and it's still working, without any problems. If you want to throw it away anyway, maybe it's worth to give it a try and check if it'll help or not. I had other GTX450 zotac or very very old GeForce 8600 GT with same problem but oven didn't help them.

If i were you i would buy GTX 1650 because what you wrote "much weaker bus and memory bus bandwidth, only 64 vs 128 in 1650,". Hope you'll get rid of that problem easly!

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/8Xanr4jkmEc?playlist=8Xanr4jkmEc&autoplay=1&iv_load_policy=3&loop=1&start=

Edited by Paul'
  • Like 2

if I were you, I would wait until online discount when christmas arrives.
currently if you allocate 70-80$ more on your budget you could get an RTX instead (if you want to stick with the brand.)

memory bus doesn't really matter since it's a weaker card, I don't think you will run it at 4k, high fps and stuff. if you were, it would matter but if not, dosent really do much, especially on weaker cards.
if you don't want to spend more than what you want right now, go with RX since it supports Ray-Tracing, if it's your thing. but not the RX 6400, it's perf is dog shit
same price you get a 6500 XT still 64bit bus.
100$ (if you look well on amazon, newegg) more you get the RX 6600XT with 128bit bus if it really bothers you, 8GB DDR6, and more, basicaly, it's like double perf than RX 6400 :)

long story short, if you wanna stick to your plan, both card perform the same, you can get more out of the RX on certain scenario some others will perform better on the GTX
GTX you don't have raytracing.
RX you do have ray tracing, better to futur-proof your PC in the long run.
PS: I've been testing alot of CPU/GPU combo lately at work for perf gathering, I know my stuff

Edited by SlitfaceJR
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SlitfaceJR said:

currently if you allocate 70-80$ more on your budget you could get an RTX instead (if you want to stick with the brand.)

memory bus doesn't really matter since it's a weaker card, I don't think you will run it at 4k, high fps and stuff. if you were, it would matter but if not, dosent really do much, especially on weaker cards.
if you don't want to spend more than what you want right now, go with RX since it supports Ray-Tracing, if it's your thing. but not the RX 6400, it's perf is dog shit
100$ (if you look well on amazon, newegg) more you get the RX 6600XT with 128bit bus if it really bothers you, 8GB DDR6, and more, basicaly, it's like double perf than RX 6400 :)

long story short, if you wanna stick to your plan, both card perform the same, you can get more out of the RX on certain scenario some others will perform better on the GTX
PS: I've been testing alot of CPU/GPU combo lately at work for perf gathering, I know my stuff

Unfortunately, in our country discounts making like.

Today 100$

Tomorrow 150

On the weekends 25% discount and price is 110$ 

Ahahahaha, i have checked it on black friday, when i wanted to buy some ram memory blocks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SlitfaceJR said:

Rx 6600 xt, yeah, looks better with the same price, i will think about it, thx mate

And unfortunately, i dont have time for waiting xmas discounts :(

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul' said:

Hey, I know it may seem to be funny, but with my old GTX 760 when it has artifacts i just dissasembly all components and just put it in the oven for 15 min, and it's still working, without any problems. If you want to throw it away anyway, maybe it's worth to give it a try and check if it'll help or not. I had other GTX450 zotac or very very old GeForce 8600 GT with same problem but oven didn't help them.

If i were you i would buy GTX 1650 because what you wrote "much weaker bus and memory bus bandwidth, only 64 vs 128 in 1650,". Hope you'll get rid of that problem easly!

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/8Xanr4jkmEc?playlist=8Xanr4jkmEc&autoplay=1&iv_load_policy=3&loop=1&start=

Unfortunately, i have made many things with 2060, and no one have worked :((((