config

OliveiraptV

On crowded servers, with poorly optimized maps, when there is a lot of spam, you can't keep a constant FPS all the time, there will always be some drops, that's normal. It seems quite strange to me that you constantly have problems with these FPS.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, razjee said:

On crowded servers, with poorly optimized maps, when there is a lot of spam, you can't keep a constant FPS all the time, there will always be some drops, that's normal. It seems quite strange to me that you constantly have problems with these FPS.

I think its my connection that loose quality and my graffic seems to running in slow motion at least its the feeling i have

If you change the lower resolution to fullHD you may have this impression, today I have not seen you have connection problems. You can try removing the auto sprint script when you shoot and see if anything has changed.

Edited by razjee

2 minutes ago, razjee said:

If you change the lower resolution to fullHD you may have this impression, today I have not seen you have connection problems. You can try removing the auto sprint script when you shoot and see if anything has changed.

I have to play with low reso i try to put thenreso off my scream and it seems im running in slow motion 

58 minutes ago, razjee said:

Exactly. An example for this would be Riverport on Jay 1 with lots of players. In the small area behind the third Axis spawn (next to the submarine) the framerate always drops. I don't know the exact reason, maybe there's a sudden spike in draw calls, but the issue is persistent regardless of the system I have played the map on.

Some frame drops on some parts of some maps are just the way it is. ET is an old game that does not make good use of modern hardware, we play a lot of custom-made maps which sometimes lack polish and have bugs that 'official' maps do not, and sometimes what may look like a drop in framerate might actually be a network or server-related issue.

• Like 3

Aside from some known problem areas on some maps, you should in general not have any framerate issues on any somewhat capable PC from the past 15 years, While ET does not make good use of modern hardware (e.g. it uses only one CPU core), the actual demand for hardware is very low. Even when ET was released to the public in 2003 the game had - for its time - modest hardware demands and you could run it with high framerates at ease even on dated hardware back then. To have an additional machine for local network play, I've used to run the game on a Pentium 3 with 500 MHz and a Voodoo 3 and it ran well - hardware from 1999.

If you want to solve these issues, you should tackle them systematically.

• Are the performance problems limited to ET or do they occur in other games and applications as well? => ET-specific or general problem?

If the performance problems are limited to ET, faulty hardware or driver conflicts are improbable as they would manifest as performance problems in other applications as well.

In this case then:

1. Do the performance problems persist even with a fresh installation of ET and default settings? => Config-related issue?
  2. Is there a difference in performance between playing the game on our game servers and playing it on your own server against bots ("Host" in the main menu)? => Network-related issue?
  • Like 3

It seems strange to me that you complain performance issues, yet I see you shoot steady 45+ accuracy and do good amount of kills...and you make every time new topic of the same subject, please try to stick to one, so ppl can follow what you've done to fix this, what other ppl have done to help you, what are your pc specs etc.

Now I'd first check the antivirus what you use, try to pause it during the gaming and also if you have any Norton or Avast programs, just uninstall those. Both are running useless checks in background and surely affects to your pc performance. And if you have facebook and stuff open, try to close those too during gaming.

Have you resetted your modem lately or does it update automatically. These two things shouldn't cause fps drops, but mess up your connection.

Is your pc drivers updated. Especially the gpu.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RendeL said:

It seems strange to me that you complain performance issues, yet I see you shoot steady 45+ accuracy and do good amount of kills...and you make every time new topic of the same subject, please try to stick to one, so ppl can follow what you've done to fix this, what other ppl have done to help you, what are your pc specs etc.

Now I'd first check the antivirus what you use, try to pause it during the gaming and also if you have any Norton or Avast programs, just uninstall those. Both are running useless checks in background and surely affects to your pc performance. And if you have facebook and stuff open, try to close those too during gaming.

Have you resetted your modem lately or does it update automatically. These two things shouldn't cause fps drops, but mess up your connection.

Is your pc drivers updated. Especially the gpu.

I got everything updated check auto and manually one by one im using iobit antivírus pro version i may have a "good" acc but from my view i see diferent with some image lag that freezes i already rebbot my modem a days ago duo the same problem and call my internet support thay run a lot tests and seems ok 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So i made all the changes delete the game and make a new installacion reduce my fps today to 125 seems more stabel for now. But feeling a bit dragging any suggestions soon i will put my new etkey inti my profile ths

Edited by OliveiraptV