3D Printing or CAD stuff

Shoresy

Anyone here do any 3D printing? :) 
I have been doing it for roughly 3 1/3 years

I own a few ender 3 printers and a bambulabs P1P printer

I'll post some pics later on when I get the chance :) 

• Like 2

I love your lineup! 

So tell me, in your opinion. Which is the better of the two: The mk3s, or the ender 3 pro? 
I know those 2 are basically the competitors of each other. 

Or which one is your favorite overall? 

I've done just little printing and own some old chinese printer geeetech i3 pro b 😄 tho it needs some setting changes for better quality, i always lose intrest middle of the work tweaking it.

• Platinum VIP

I like the idea but I don't know what I could print in 3D 😕

Someone told me it would be great to have 3D printing shop for small repairs.
I like the idea as well

• 100 1

20 minutes ago, Hesis said:

I like the idea but I don't know what I could print in 3D 😕

For example you could print ET figures. Like this kind. But without colors, and paint it yourself 😄

asdf1.thumb.jpg.ae6f3e48694a7f08aa094160811bf51a.jpg

Edited by Tukkonen
  • Love 1

Hi all,

I would like buy one printer 3d for mecanical parts, how many cm i need?  30cmx30cm or more?

If you have reference, i have 300/400€ 

Thx 

7 hours ago, Tukkonen said:

For example you could print ET figures. Like this kind. But without colors, and paint it yourself 😄

asdf1.thumb.jpg.ae6f3e48694a7f08aa094160811bf51a.jpg

You totally could! haha. This is going to be my next project, getting back into radiant 😄 

• 100 1

7 hours ago, b0unty said:

Hi all,

I would like buy one printer 3d for mecanical parts, how many cm i need?  30cmx30cm or more?

If you have reference, i have 300/400€ 

Thx 

This kind of depends on a few factors.

Do you have something in mind that you will be printing in specific? Or are you just speaking in general terms for mechanical parts? 

What kind of mechanical parts do you mean exactly? Like practical usage type, or are you thinking strength, durability and wear and tear? 

If your wanting tough material that is going to be used for a lot of stress etc I would suggest a printer that is enclosed so you can print a filament that is called ABS

I would do some googling on the types of plastics that can be printed, some are strong while others are also stronger and meant for tougher conditions and theres even some that are flexible IE making phone cases and such. 

Many things to consider :) 

11 hours ago, b0unty said:

I dont no wich parts i would like build, for exemple Dish cover, The plastic sprocket on my lawnmower...

For dish covers Id suggest looking into how to make filament foodsafe. 
It involves sometimes sanding and painting a coating on it to make it washable and reusable. 

As of now, standard FDM 3D printing it creates your objects in layers. So in the end result you end up with small lines in your object. Using it for food etc can cause bacteria to build up within those small lines. 

Theres ways around like I said, sanding and polishing. 

For lawnmower sprokets I am unsure to be honest. 

it would have to depend on how much resistance is allowed. As mentioned theres many diff materials. PLA is the most standard that can be used on almost any printer. Which is what id recommend for dish covers. PLA is also very strong, however can warp with the right temp, along with wear and tear. You got ABS which is very tough. However is not flexible at all, so with enough force it will just simply crack while PLA will have a bending point before breaking if that makes sense. 

Overall for beginner usage i would suggest looking into Creality Ender 3 series, the S1 is nice along with the neo series.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I printed this one today, if someone has any tips for proper support settings, i'm all ears 😄 Now the supports were hard to remove and accidentally broke the tip of the rifle, and the rough parts are where the supports were.

aasd1.thumb.jpg.3e76b430e0faf59548022a157a826c11.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • 100 1

On 12/15/2023 at 4:06 PM, Tukkonen said:

I printed this one today, if someone has any tips for proper support settings, i'm all ears 😄 Now the supports were hard to remove and accidentally broke the tip of the rifle, and the rough parts are where the supports were.

aasd1.thumb.jpg.3e76b430e0faf59548022a157a826c11.jpg

Regardless, I would like to point out that I love it! 

For some tips, first some questions: 
What type of support? (I recommend tree)
What is the distance of supports to object? (I use .08 however the higher the # the more distance so if its difficult to remove try upping this value a tad, .02 at a time I would say)

What slicer do you use? (As I have a bambulab I use bambu's slicer, but for general like Ender 3 or something, I would suggest Prusa over Cura) 

Also, when it comes to printing Mini figures etc, and in fact do use Cura and a Ender printer I strongly recommend looking into this
Fat Dragon Games - Making Fantasy Fantastic
Go to recourses and choose a cura profile that is automatically adjusted to print smaller things with great detail for things like this. You will have to adjust a couple settings accordingly but overall its really cool. 

• Like 1