3D Printing or CAD stuff

Shoresy

17 hours ago, Shoresy said:

For some tips, first some questions: 
What type of support? (I recommend tree)
What is the distance of supports to object? (I use .08 however the higher the # the more distance so if its difficult to remove try upping this value a tad, .02 at a time I would say)

What slicer do you use? (As I have a bambulab I use bambu's slicer, but for general like Ender 3 or something, I would suggest Prusa over Cura) 

I think it's a tree support, chose organic. For the distance i'm not sure but i think if i read the configures right, it was 0.15mm. And for slicer I use Prusa Slicer, it had ready print settings for my printer, im not that good to find good settings on my own, so atleast now i have starting points from where to start tweaking.

Will look to that page, and hopefully i understand something from there.

These are my support configurations, they were automaticly like this (expect i had to manually change to organic)

supp.thumb.jpg.483d59a67d19ca1cb7ec76040ceb4de3.jpgsupp1.jpg.74b8aac17616b53e9a3335c9d8535d89.jpg

Funny thing about slicers, they are not all equal. Prusa Slicer said there's like 154 open edges on that model, then used orca slicer to fix the STL and then no more open edges lol 😄 but orca slicer seems bit more complicated to use.

Edited by Tukkonen

8 hours ago, Tukkonen said:

I think it's a tree support, chose organic. For the distance i'm not sure but i think if i read the configures right, it was 0.15mm. And for slicer I use Prusa Slicer, it had ready print settings for my printer, im not that good to find good settings on my own, so atleast now i have starting points from where to start tweaking.

Will look to that page, and hopefully i understand something from there.

These are my support configurations, they were automaticly like this (expect i had to manually change to organic)

supp.thumb.jpg.483d59a67d19ca1cb7ec76040ceb4de3.jpgsupp1.jpg.74b8aac17616b53e9a3335c9d8535d89.jpg

Funny thing about slicers, they are not all equal. Prusa Slicer said there's like 154 open edges on that model, then used orca slicer to fix the STL and then no more open edges lol 😄 but orca slicer seems bit more complicated to use.

Hm try doing this

Style: Normal

Interface Pattern: Zig Zag
Density: 20% (I forget what this one is called in Prusa )

The Z Distance do 0.2mm 

It may or may not be better but over time you will notice you'll have to tweak settings around from time to time. Could be due to different weather conditions as I notice more complications during the winter time for me. Could be the different filaments theres just so many possibilities. Don't be too afraid to mess with settings just pay attention to what you tweak, maybe save the profile first so you can always revert back if its worse than before, then tweak something else instead 😛 

• Like 1

Thanks, will try those later.

Yeah i've heard it's a difficult to maintain same quality every time. Enviroment and filament quality / moisturize changes it a lot 😄 And this my filament haven't been stored in air sealed container, so propably the quality has gone down a lot 😅