Why?

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

Things I don't understand. These could be gameplay, CFG or connection-related, I assume.

All I know is they're frustrating

1. Why have I historically and do I currently NEVER win up close 1v1's but at a far distance I almost never lose?
  2. Why is it that when someone hits me, it affects my aim, but when I'm hitting them, most times, my shots do NOT affect their aim?
  3. Why can I get someone from behind with 3-4 shots and then they spin around and in a second take me down?? Related to #2?
  4. Why are the many times I can plainly see my x-hairs on the guy I'm shooting but I'm not getting hits??
  5. Why do some mines take 1 to kill me and some only do damage but not kill me?
  6. How did Jack throw a 'nade in a room that I and 1 other guy were in and only I died from it?
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Things I don't understand. These could be gameplay, CFG or connection-related, I assume.

All I know is they're frustrating

1. Why have I historically and do I currently NEVER win up close 1v1's but at a far distance I almost never lose?
  2. Why is it that when someone hits me, it affects my aim, but when I'm hitting them, most times, my shots do NOT affect their aim?
  3. Why can I get someone from behind with 3-4 shots and then they spin around and in a second take me down?? Related to #2?
  4. Why are the many times I can plainly see my x-hairs on the guy I'm shooting but I'm not getting hits??
  6. How did Jack throw a 'nade in a room that I and 1 other guy were in and only I died from it?

1.) can be dependend on your sensitivity.
2.) its a visiual thing mostly, so if you can keep your aim steady you should be fine. Most importantly dont try to correct your aim based on your crosshair's position.
3.) headshots?
4.) Most likely spread. Moving your mouse around or moving whilst shooting makes you inaccurate overall.

Eventhough this seems like a troll topic ,i answered the questions because im just the right amount of drunk for it.

• Haha 2
  • 100 3

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, Pferd said:

1.) can be dependend on your sensitivity.
2.) its a visiual thing mostly, so if you can keep your aim steady you should be fine. Most importantly dont try to correct your aim based on your crosshair's position.
3.) headshots?
4.) Most likely spread. Moving your mouse around or moving whilst shooting makes you inaccurate overall.

Eventhough this seems like a troll topic ,i answered the questions because im just the right amount of drunk for it.

It's not a Troll topic. It's something that's bothered me for years. I always wondered what would happen is someone who really knew what they were doing sat down at my machine. Would they say good setup or this is all messed up?

Sensitivity, I can change and I have played with it.

3- Headshots, Pretty accurate for someone getting hit from behind and turning quickly, I'd think

Edited by -=HipKat=-

1)Better sens, faster moving aim according to your position. Far away enemy don't sers you, they don't try to dodge.

2)Predicting aim sccording to flinch.

3)Control of aim, headshots, controlling flinch.

4)Shit hitboxes. Or lsg fps issues, bad crosshsir?

5)Amount of current HP (different full HP depending on classes),flack jacket, distance from mine, speed while running over.

6)See answer 5

To add, had a mouse worth 5 dollars from a grocery store that I owned, my friends thought I had an aimbot software in it since they played 10x better on my pc with my mouse than theirs.

Edited by MosesIsComingLookBusy
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, MosesIsComingLookBusy said:

1)Better sens, faster moving aim according to your position. Far away enemy don't sers you, they don't try to dodge.

5)Amount of current HP (different full HP depending on classes),flack jacket, distance from mine, speed while running over.

6)See answer 5

To add, had a mouse worth 5 dollars from a grocery store that I owned, my friends thought I had an aimbot software in it since they played 10x better on my pc with my mouse than theirs.

I should change my mouse. I lost the "feet" off it a while ago and it never has slid on my mouse pad as easily as it should

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
11 hours ago, MosesIsComingLookBusy said:

6)See answer 5

5 and 6

No, full health, same class in both cases same server so no difference flak-jackets, etc

2. Why is it that when someone hits me, it affects my aim, but when I'm hitting them, most times, my shots do NOT affect their aim?

1. config related mostly -> resolution and mouse sens -> need more training running in close circle to an object keeping the aim on it -> DPI should be 400 or 800 at most 

2. screenshake is real , aim jumping accordingly to the crosshair is NOT -> when you get hit the crosshair appear to move around but in reality when you are shooting it counts as if it didn't move -> do NOT move the          mouse based on the crosshair

3. 40% is luck on the other guy , 40% is maybe you getting so comfortable shooting him in the back that you're not ready to track his movements as he reacts , 20% networks plays a part in the fight

4. most of the time is network related -> big ping differences plays a part in it -> if shooting a guy connected from the other side of the ocean (relative to the server) you have to shoot a bit ahead or behind of the guy; 

sometimes the physical servers are a bit under too much load (too many gaming servers running, too many players/bots connected overall, network switches having a ton of traffic to handle and may other variables...)

5. step on the mine + step off the mine = dead , strafejump on the mine + strafejump off the mine = alive

6. were you closer to the nade or some other object between nade and player? same happens with all other explosive things ... the closer you are to the explosion the more damage you take, objects between the 2 helps 

Example: on Baserace , when a side fence is up and you shoot a panzer at the fence, the guy on the other side has to be VERY close to the fence to get damage

img below shows 3 different damage radius for explosives 

sorry for the rant mode 😄 i'm hungry af 🤣

PanzerDamage.jpg

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
9 hours ago, LarrY said:
  2. Why is it that when someone hits me, it affects my aim, but when I'm hitting them, most times, my shots do NOT affect their aim?

1. config related mostly -> resolution and mouse sens -> need more training running in close circle to an object keeping the aim on it -> DPI should be 400 or 800 at most 

I use Linux, so I'm using the default Mouse settings with no idea of DPI. On Windows, pretty sure I had it set to 800 and if the profile is stored on the mouse, then that could be the same in Windows. Of everything I listed, THIS is the most frustrating because it;s been so consistent for other 15 years I've played this game.

9 hours ago, LarrY said:

2. screenshake is real , aim jumping accordingly to the crosshair is NOT -> when you get hit the crosshair appear to move around but in reality when you are shooting it counts as if it didn't move -> do NOT move the          mouse based on the crosshair

This one is hard to decipher because it's very consistent where I'll get the jump on someone and end up not being able to get hits once they start hitting me. That COULD just be me instinctively moving my mouse too much

9 hours ago, LarrY said:

3. 40% is luck on the other guy , 40% is maybe you getting so comfortable shooting him in the back that you're not ready to track his movements as he reacts , 20% networks plays a part in the fight

This is normally us firing at each other, like I'm REALLY good shooting an SMG who's prone far away

9 hours ago, LarrY said:

4. most of the time is network related -> big ping differences plays a part in it -> if shooting a guy connected from the other side of the ocean (relative to the server) you have to shoot a bit ahead or behind of the guy;     sometimes the physical servers are a bit under too much load (too many gaming servers running, too many players/bots connected overall, network switches having a ton of traffic to handle and may other variables...)

Like getting killed by a high ping player after I already went around a corner or got under cover....

9 hours ago, LarrY said:

5. step on the mine + step off the mine = dead , strafejump on the mine + strafejump off the mine = alive

Not sure what strafe jumping is but I'll take your word for it

9 hours ago, LarrY said:

6. were you closer to the nade or some other object between nade and player? same happens with all other explosive things ... the closer you are to the explosion the more damage you take, objects between the 2 helps 

Example: on Baserace , when a side fence is up and you shoot a panzer at the fence, the guy on the other side has to be VERY close to the fence to get damage

img below shows 3 different damage radius for explosives 

sorry for the rant mode 😄 i'm hungry af 🤣

PanzerDamage.jpg

That makes sense

Edited by -=HipKat=-

• 3 weeks later...

Close up 1v1s is more about movement than aim tbh, making people miss whilst you hit them, especially on pub servers with fast regen of sprint and adrenaline.

Reaction time, sometimes you might be fighting against someone in their 20's, their reaction time will be really fast compared, take this video by fatcat, who plays alot of ET, for example. Target switching and hitting people before they can react, means that their weapon spread is already up and even though you think the crosshair is where it should be its wont be hitting

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1958623192

You could try aimlab or kovaaks to test out the different aspects of your aim, see the weaknesses and work on them

Crosshair placement, so target switching and pre-firing become the norm because you know where people are going to turn up.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
21 hours ago, ASBO said:

Close up 1v1s is more about movement than aim tbh, making people miss whilst you hit them, especially on pub servers with fast regen of sprint and adrenaline.

Reaction time, sometimes you might be fighting against someone in their 20's, their reaction time will be really fast compared, take this video by fatcat, who plays alot of ET, for example. Target switching and hitting people before they can react, means that their weapon spread is already up and even though you think the crosshair is where it should be its wont be hitting

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1958623192

You could try aimlab or kovaaks to test out the different aspects of your aim, see the weaknesses and work on them

Crosshair placement, so target switching and pre-firing become the norm because you know where people are going to turn up.

I've been paying closer attention to this since I posted this and I noticed two things. One, yeah, 59 yrs old going on 29 still means 59 yr old reflexes but mostly, my eyes don't focus as fast as they used to (Something a friend suggested). I can "see" that I lose focus for maybe a second and I think that's the bigger issue

Edited by -=HipKat=-

Well i know what the feeling to me was my connection problem call my support and he unlock all the port on my modem that causes it and had a few problems that seems solved feeling more loose to play and not image lag hope soon increase my connection to 1g so i can reduce my ping 

• Like 1