Objectives Weights & Slowdown factors

Blunt

Question about the Objectives Weight.  Some maps there is a noticeable impact for running speed when carrying the obj while others it does seem as much.   Is Objective weight & Slowdown factor a constant cvar set on by sever so all Objective types have the same float slowdown, such as gold crates are always the same slowdown factor for all maps on the server?  Or is the weight & slowdown factor determined by the map?

Evidently some of the chatAI's have access to the Wolfenstein ET source code, it gives some interesting answers below on how it's coded but didn't quite answer all of my questions on server side settings;

The obj weight in the Wolfenstein ET source code is coded in the obj_physics_info struct. This struct is defined in the et_obj_physics.h header file.

The obj_physics_info struct contains a number of fields, including the obj's weight. The weight field is a float, and it is defined as follows:

float weight;

The weight field is used to calculate the amount of slowdown that the obj causes when it is carried by the player. The slowdown is calculated by multiplying the obj's weight by a factor. The factor is defined in the et_physics.cfg file.

The following code shows how the obj weight is used to calculate the slowdown:

float slowdown = obj->physics_info.weight * slowdown_factor;

The slowdown_factor is a float that is defined in the et_physics.cfg file. The slowdown factor is multiplied by the obj's weight to calculate the amount of slowdown that the obj causes.

The slowdown is applied to the player's movement speed by multiplying the slowdown by the player's movement speed. The following code shows how the slowdown is applied to the player's movement speed:

player->move_speed = player->move_speed * (1 - slowdown);

The player->move_speed is the player's movement speed. The 1 - slowdown is the amount of slowdown that is applied to the player's movement speed.

The obj weight is a important factor in the Wolfenstein ET source code. It is used to calculate the amount of slowdown that the obj causes when it is carried by the player. The slowdown is applied to the player's movement speed, which can make it more difficult for the player to move around.

What maps/mods/objectives did you experience those effects with?

I have never heard of anything you described. There's no cvar controlling it AFAIK, and I've set up a couple of servers on different mods. 

Now here's the thing about chat gpt answering ET-related questions. It's like... Not true at all. I'm not a C coder and I haven't read through ET source code, but this stuff just doesn't exist (even asked some devs about it :D). But don't worry, you're not the first :) I'm still curious about your answer to my first question in this post.