Enemy territory has gone yellow

Bynke
Go to solution Solved by rMks,

Im getting a weird graphic glitch. the sky has turned yellow plus other objects.

It seemed to happen post using silent mod but has persisted after installing legacy. The game writes a bunch of stuff in the console about missing shaders.

I have tried installing a new game it didsnt work.

i have tried deleting pk3 files in all the mod folders. it didnt help

Enemy territory will usually load up with the starting screen looking yellow. Then in game it can be normal but especially i click host a game it will be looking yellow in the sky like a big grid.

I have windows 11

on a laptop with

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 gaming graphics

the problem is only in Enemy Territory

Please help my life sucks 😜

• Like 1

• Inactive Member
  • Solution

Its missing shader or some file.

I recommand to use our pk3 cleaner and if it wont solve, you have to reinstall if you aint gonna search that file what you miss, could happen when you copy/moving et directory from one place to another place.

• Like 1

You should not have to re-install.

I use the latest version of ETL with W10.

It works fine for me on any mod.

My video card is an NVDIA GTX 1060.

Also i see no error messages in my console when i join S1.

/reconnect should solve your problem (i do that 3-4 every evening  i play over a period of 4 hours).

Could you post a SS pf what you see so i could compare with what i do see myself sometimes ?

Gengis

Edited by Gengis
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rMks said:

Its missing shader or some file.

I recommand to use our pk3 cleaner and if it wont solve, you have to reinstall if you aint gonna search that file what you miss, could happen when you copy/moving et directory from one place to another place.

I have tried running pk3 cleaner a couple of times. it doesnt help the graphic thing.

i tried reinstalling again. And completely deleting enemy territory folders. It seems i messed up a bit the first time installing Et legacy. I had it in my mod list but not using it as a launchicon

i added the maps at first all at once and got the graphic problem again removed them and it disappeared added one at a time and never got it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bynke said:

I have tried running pk3 cleaner a couple of times. it doesnt help the graphic thing.

i tried reinstalling again. And completely deleting enemy territory folders. It seems i messed up a bit the first time installing Et legacy. I had it in my mod list but not using it as a launchicon

i added the maps at first all at once and got the graphic problem again removed them and it disappeared added one at a time and never got it.

Next time if you want to bypass all that struggle of adding map files one by one, don't know if it still works but it won't hurt and you don't loose anything in the process.

0- Go take the "Profiles" folder in the mod directories that you play on and copy it somewhere else.
 1- Reinstall the whole thing just like you did.
 2- Connect to your desired server that host the mod you playing on.

3- Let it download the mod for you.
 4- Exit the game
 5- Reopen the "mod" (Jaymod, nq , Silent... ect) folder inside the game folder and then copy paste the "Profiles" inside the mod folder.

There you go, good old clean install but still with your XP and all that good stuff.
Like I said, that's a clean install but the server could recognize your IP/HW and just give your XP back like it was nothing, bypassing the process that I just laid out here but I doubt that.

That's what I do everytime, always solves the problem, whatever it is!
Cheers 🍻

• Like 1

This happened to me too. The culprit in my case was a config file that I downloaded here, Feint2 .cfg. Apparently my system couldn't cope with it. After going back to my normal cfg all went back to running smooth again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SlitfaceJR said:

Next time if you want to bypass all that struggle of adding map files one by one, don't know if it still works but it won't hurt and you don't loose anything in the process.

I generally hope there isnt going to be a next time. I have been aggravated a lot with downloading amazingly amounts of annoying "ding-dong pk3" files when playing. Im gonna avoid this now by mainly or exclusively play on fearless assasins servers. I have a special place of hatred for servers that add new cursors, watermarks, new sounds and a lot of other things. But now im gonna keep a backup.

The problem is solved for now hopefully. 😄

• Like 2

that's wonderful but keep the trick I gave you somewhere if it ever happens again and you don't want to manually add maps back to your et folder + maps arent that big for the internet speed we have these days :) 

• Like 1