External HDD - USB 3 + eSATA

Chuckun

Hey guys, since I have USB 3.0 and eSATA on my new laptop, I'm looking to get an external harddrive for backing-up purposes.

I fancy getting one with both USB 3 AND eSATA, but I can't find one..

Does anyone know of one that has both interfaces? (not at all bothered about firewire or usb 2 - in fact I'd rather it without).

I'm looking for at least 1TB (but 1 is fine :))

Cheers!

Chuckun

I dont thik they manufacture drives like that cos there is no purpose ? usb 3 is faster you can use a longer cable and is compatible with older usb ? and e sata is the same as sata only e for external on computer ? Do you have a special purpose for both connections what you cant do with usb 3 ? (i am just curious :) )

I dont thik they manufacture drives like that cos there is no purpose ? usb 3 is faster you can use a longer cable and is compatible with older usb ? and e sata is the same as sata only e for external on computer ? Do you have a special purpose for both connections what you cant do with usb 3 ? (i am just curious :) )

Incorrect.

On paper, USB3 is faster than eSATA - in reality; it's not ;)

Just like USB2 was 'faster' than Firewire 400 (480mbps vs 400mbps) - but actually firewire 400 was faster. eSATA is fractionally faster than USB3 - because SATA (internal) to eSATA doesn't require a conversion - SATA to USB3 requires porting ;) which makes it a little slower in fact, than eSATA.

I want USB3 for the long leads etc, and eSATA for high demand heavy backups..

Chuckun

Thanks dude :) I'd rather a 3.5" disc but if I cant find one then I may go for that :) I like seagate..

EDIT: just noticed they only do 500GB and 750GB.. Lame :(

If its slightly faster then fuk it get one with usb 3.0

Clearly you didn't read my post.. >.< I need both. And USB 3 is NOT the faster one, only on paper. Thanks anyway!

Cheers guys <3