Game freezing and image blending after changing graphics card

Nikolai
Go to solution Solved by Nikolai,

1 hour ago, razjee said:

Just type your GPU - AMD 6700 XT. Or just delate this line.

edit: removed this line from config, but the problem still exists

Edited by Nikolai
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Nikolai said:

good find, this was the reason!

working like a charm now.

thanks!

Nice! btw i never have issue with this line... 

1 hour ago, Nikolai said:

I did

so its still doing it.  hum.... maybe u have a old driver still installed for your old card. is this a laptop or desktop?  if its a desktop make sure in bios  its set to plug an play?

Edited by captnconcrete

I see that everyone assume that this has to be software problem, my question is the problem occurs only with ET? What about other games? I suggest just use HWInfo program to monitor your graphic card core temp, the drivers version and all data witch is needed to see what’s actually going on. With that program you can create logs, so the best you can do is just run program and create log druing your game and that fatal crash. Take care!

Here you got link to program itself: 

https://www.hwinfo.com

22 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

so its still doing it.  hum.... maybe u have a old driver still installed for your old card. is this a laptop or desktop?  if its a desktop make sure in bios  its set to plug an play?

Desktop, I don't have any old drivers. I used a software that removes everything from the old graphics card before installing new one. I have done this several times and never had an issue before so it's not related to it.

22 hours ago, Paul007 said:

I see that everyone assume that this has to be software problem, my question is the problem occurs only with ET? What about other games? I suggest just use HWInfo program to monitor your graphic card core temp, the drivers version and all data witch is needed to see what’s actually going on. With that program you can create logs, so the best you can do is just run program and create log druing your game and that fatal crash. Take care!

Here you got link to program itself: 

https://www.hwinfo.com

Yes, only with ET. Other games are running perfectly fine. It's not related to the graphics card I'm 100% sure of it. I have used older AMD card before with ET and it ran just fine. 

Have you tried fresh cfg, to test if it's your configure error, or just game error? This is easy to test. Just move your old cfg files to another place, or just rename them into something totally different. Game will make new default ones on it's own.

• Like 1

• Solution
On 2/4/2023 at 10:54 PM, Buckwild said:

Delete etconfig.cfg from:  etmain\Profiles\'You'\

Game will create new one...

This is most likely where the issue was. I removed the config from that folder and game made me a new one. Then I just replaced it with my config where I had removed the lastvalidrenderer line. Game works now.

• 100 2

i actually assumed u had last valid render  set to your old card. and it just kept reverting . i woulda just went in etmain and mods cfgs and change that line too your new one. but nice u got it working.