Enemy Territory Full Version - ETLegacy issue

OpsVixen

Question

Hello there,

I cannot get on the ET Legacy FA server, because even though I have 2.60, Legacy wants me to have a "pure" version, or something ET.exe version. Though I can get on other non FA Legacy servers, FA legacy won't let me, though it lets me on some other of the Servers.

So, how can I DL the purer, or newer version, without completely starting all over, and uninstalling the entire game, afresh? I know how to save aoo the Maps, but starting all over, with reinstalling Mods, sounds like a nightmare.

Is there anyway I can just switch out the ET.exe file? I know, it sounds like a dumb question, but so far, I have just had to stay off certain servers.

If I am posting in the wrong place, sorry, don't go into Forum as much as I'd like.

Regards,

OpsVixenll

1 answer to this question

Hey. I moved this topic to more proper section, so if anyone happens to have same issue than you.

ETL server is compatible with 2.60b et, so do you have that version? If so, try running as admin. A ss of the error message would also help here more.

There is no shortcut with just switching the et.exe. Reinstalling isn't really that hard, just copy/save your etkey (etmain) and silent.dat (silent) and if you play on nitmod, the nkey.dat and your own cfg files and uninstall old et and install new one. Then just paste the guids and cfg. Takes just few minutes and you have a fresh game.

The legacy is the new mod, but that is a bit more complicated from the install location part and if you want to try it, read about it here first: https://github.com/etlegacy/etlegacy/wiki