Mac support needed.

Wooter
Go to solution Solved by mraw435,

Hey guys, I've been a FA admin on Beg2 for years, but after ET Legacy or mac came with a update a few years ago I wasn't been able to play the game ever since.
I tried some stuff but in the end i gave up on it and had to say good bye to ET. 

Although I haven't played in 2 years I always remained in contact with some players. Yooxi and Insane told me to reach out to members on the forum.
Whenever i try to log in to beginners2 i get this prompt: VM Create on cgame failed. 

I've tried googling it, and also looked in the forums a bit, there is a thread with someone with a similar problem but no luck for me so far.  

Let me know if someone can do something for me. 
Thanks in advance,

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-03 om 20.52.55.png

In case someone was wondering what my Macbook specs are:

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-06 om 16.36.33.png

Not really the answer your after but a few years back a friend of mine like yourself started having issues with their MAC and ET....... At the time i tried to help best i could and ended up asking an old friend (snl//lucel) who was the MAC developer for the NQ mod about the issues, his response was that if at all possible i should just stick with a PC for ET as Mac and ET is usually nothing but a pain in the arse to not only get working right but to then keep working right.

I'm sure and really hope if anyone here runs ET on a Mac they will help more than i can, certainly NQ mod wise Macs are not recommended. :(

Good Luck and please let us know if you find a "fix" as i do know a few people who refuse to move from their Macs but would also love to play ET.

Have you tried parallels and a windows install?

or maybee the latest etl installer for mac?

https://www.etlegacy.com/download/file/400

Just some ideas for Troubleshooting

I had the same Error sometimes in Windows tough,

As i assume, i configured my standard config wrong.

Then i uninstalled the game, deleted remaining files, except etkey file, and started all over again with a clean install.

My assumption was the my cfgs were messed up. But to be sure steamrolling over the old files is always the best way to be sure there isnt anything left which messes up with the game and a fresh install. 

• Like 1