ET now on Steam

berlinerbol

Yes, Bethesda announced some time ago during April, that Bethesda.net Launcher will be shut down, and then all games migrate to Steam.

• Like 1

Yeah, just noticed. Finnaly after al these years. According to Trackbase a huge increase of players. See you guys soon. Girlfriend will be on vacation from may 3 till may 10. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Great that it came out on Steam, giving a very big opportunity for the game and the FA community to grow.
I personally posted in a large community of forums in Israel that I was a senior there and wrote to them about our community FA and the game that came out on Steam.

1 hour ago, TBAR Flash said:

But why the hell didn't they know ET is for free since Beta release in 2003.

They do not need Steam to run this game.

hmmm... 🧐

Steam probably did know that it has been free since 2003....In this instance i understand its on steam because bethesda.net was shutting and migrating the library over to steam, hence ET now being on steam. 

Up side to it being now is many people who didn't know about ET at all will now think its "new" and join up to play etc.

Totally get where your coming from and agree tbh but In the long run this can only be a good thing IMHO.

• Like 1

Honestly, it's a lot easier for people to download it on steam and jump in instead of installing it on the side. I built a new PC almost 2 years ago and didn't bother to install ET on it, but now that it is one click away to download on Steam i immediately jumped in after being away for a year +. A few others that played the game with me 10 years ago have downloaded it as well since it is easily available.

• Like 2

Was reading the ET:Legacy blog and they have said that since ET appeared on steam that their Legacy downloads have jumped from an average of 300 downloads/day to over 6000/day. That is a hell of a lot of players on top of the hardcore fans BUT that is just the ET legacy downloads...Would be interested to see steams download stats..  

• Like 2
  • 100 1