Suggestions New Maps

OpsVixen

Hi Everyone.

Though I know little about the actual construct of the maps, I am really an aficionado ('affection for') the old Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Legacy maps. Albeit, there are many good ones.

But, I truly miss, and have seen NO:

1) DEPOT map:  First map I EVER played in Wolf in 2002, and I have never been the same since!

With its great action potential, Sewers, and DF and Attack positions, I think it would be awesome to play again.

2) TRAM map: How did THAT map ever get lost in the shuffle! I see there is a half a tram on one of the maps; which is totally an awesome win, it is

so creative, and forward moving. But, Tram? Come On! How much fun that map would be returning to the Stable?

Just a thought. The Force be with you.

Ops

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

RE: mp_tram

So......to whomEvers designed and theatrered the Return to Castle Wolfenstein map this week on the Recruiter Server ....may the Force be with you! And, if it had played elsewhere, forgive me.

It was the most awesome, and precise piece of well done map nostalgia put together I have Enjoyed on Fearless Assassin servers! And, though I can only offer an Art enthusiasts token of appreciation, and not an engineering diagramists review,  I can well assure you that, after having literally spending many, many past lives and hours of scrim times on servers of 15x 15x tournament RTCW battles, of that particular mp map in RTCW, that the games this weekends progressed well along the same lines. I wasn't sure how ET would "hunt" so to speak, on that map, but it sure did!

And, not to steal the whiff off Victory too soon, but I hope you will next consider mp_depot across your desk... avull!  (or, something like that!)

I just have to be curious, if the map, mp_tram, being open source, can be coded over, or "waypointed" for the bots? Or, the map itself must be entirely redesigned from scratch? But, I do not know more than how to play on them. Just read a bit about Waypointing. Of course, mp_depot, mp_tank, mp_marketgardens, are all RTCW artifacts that I know play well in tournament settings, from literally hours, and hours of playing them for years 2001 - 2008 Battleground Europe, where we had all reversed RTCW maps for fair play, and ran four month WWII where we refought the war. We were international, did only RTCW, and, in many ways, were ike FA, w stats and, forum. 

........again, thank you gentlemen!😃

Vixen

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.