Pic of the Day 28.08.21

DJ aka GDR DJ

• Leader

1809629592_Mark-1Plumbing210828yn0n.jpg.0180a85920590c5e7cf2940a47a0e6ca.jpg

Plumber Whose Decaled Truck Went to Syria Settles Lawsuit Although the Mark-1 Plumbing truck became fodder for comedians, the situation didn't amuse former owner Mark Oberholtzer, who was visited by the FBI and received angry calls when news outlets and social media users circulated images of bearded militants using the vehicle to shoot into passenger cars, among other exploits.

“He was tired of being called an ISIS supporter and a terrorist supporter,” his attorney, Craig Eiland, told U.S. News when the lawsuit was filed, using an acronym to refer to the Islamic State group. “One person called his secretary an 'ISIS whore' – that was today."

The plumber said a salesman told him to stop removing the decal when he sold the 2005 Ford F-250 in October 2013, as the company would do it. The truck was resold and according to the lawsuit was shipped to Mersin, Turkey, in December 2013 before arriving in Syria, where rebels backed by the U.S. and Turkey intermingle with more radical groups.

"Stop removing the decal" answers my question of why the truck-owner did not remove the decal himself! 

I am astounded that anyone would do a "2 + 2 = 6" and think that he and his secretary were ISIS supporters! 😮 

I suspect that some people just look for reasons to get angry, possibly because they enjoy that emotion so much.  :(