Indoor Rock Climbing (top-rope)

ajnl

I finished up a top-rope course at a local indoor rocking climbing hall. I'm a complete beginner to climbing, so right now I am doing easy routes ~4+/5a to practice correct climbing technique, build up my strength, and get used to being at height. I have a fear of heights, but I really enjoy climbing and don't want that fear to be a limitation to what I enjoy doing. The climbing hall is about 22m high. When I first started I could only reach ~25% up just b/c of fear, but i'm able to reach about 60% now, and I think in the coming weeks I'll be able to do 100%. Anyways, I was curious if there were more climbers here, and if you had any tips/tricks when it comes to technique and building up strength.

I am trying to go about 3 to 4 times a week, that way I'll have a day of rest in-between.

• Love 1

Great job man to surpass this fear !! 

I'm not a climber, and I have too this fear, but lots of my friends are climbers ( professional for some ) and I am always impressed how it's a natural thing for them 

I would love to be able to do that one day :) 

• Like 1

Im so happy to see when someone share those hobby's and storys from irl doing with all over the clan, great job man, I'm not so into rock climbing, but i live in small town arounded with hills and mountains and Im proud to say I love it, few years ago back I was in team with 50-60 people and we were enjoying nature in our country, going from place to place, from one mountain to another one, it was fun time. Sadly those people got some hard time, irl things, going out from country for better job, ahh those politics. 

btw man you done a great job and follow your point and live yourself, life and whatever you do👋😁

cheers 

chuu🔥

• Like 2

Thanks guys for the kind words :). today I reached about 16/17 meters up. So I am getting closer to my goal! :)

If you guys want to see something inspirational, then check this out: 

6 hours ago, DeKing said:

Great job man to surpass this fear !! 

I'm not a climber, and I have too this fear, but lots of my friends are climbers ( professional for some ) and I am always impressed how it's a natural thing for them 

I would love to be able to do that one day :) 

I say go to an indoor place and do what I did. Start with going just 5 meters up :)

Edited by ajnl

18 minutes ago, ajnl said:

I say go to an indoor place and do what I did. Start with going just 5 meters up :)

I have a place like that in my city with good trainers 😛 

I've done already 5 or 10 meters and that was amazing each time, but that was only with some of my best friends who belay me, that's still a fear for me 😄 

I did rock climbing once or twice in the belgium ardennes... does that count aswell🤣

Was about 30/40 metres ive i remember correctly

38 minutes ago, DeKing said:

I have a place like that in my city with good trainers 😛 

I've done already 5 or 10 meters and that was amazing each time, but that was only with some of my best friends who belay me, that's still a fear for me 😄 

belaying was also scary for me the first time. I just the grigri though which is a very easy to use and safe device. After doing it 1 or 2 days, i'm really confident with it now :)

36 minutes ago, Meehan said:

I did rock climbing once or twice in the belgium ardennes... does that count aswell🤣

Was about 30/40 metres ive i remember correctly

of course that counts haha. that is really impressive though. Can you send a link of the place you went to?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...