Missing default.cfg

BloodSpark22
Go to solution Solved by RedBaird,

I came back to ET today, and I still had the game installed with a lot of mods or something like that installed. I wanted to remove all of them to play it vanilla (or legacy or whatever it's called). I didn't know how, so I just completely uninstalled the game, I kept the etkey as everyone says that everywhere I go. I downloaded the installer from the game's page, and after installing it, it gave this error message. image.png.83750a2a6b1645045aba9dcf21349f27.png

After looking around the internet, people said to download from a link here on FA. It gave the same error message. Tried to download the file from the internet, cuz someone recommended that, and even gave a link. Didn't work either.

Can someone please give me actual advice that works?

Thank you

P.S.: I just want normal ET, I don't want those menu changers or mods or any thing like that.

Edited by BloodSpark22

• Leader
  • Solution

Your "current search path" is corrupted.

It should not be "... Territory\etminizer/etmain "  It should not have that minimizer section in it.

Your "current search path" should be "C:\Program files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etmain".

I have a shortcut to ET.exe in a folder on my desktop (Win 10).  The properties for the shortcut include these:

Target "D:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe"  I installed my ET in D-drive, not C-drive.

Start In "D:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory"

In the Advanced tab page, I have checked "Run as Administrator".

I would check those two properties, Target & Start, for the proper paths first.

Edited by RedBaird
edit window kept getting 'stuck' :<
  • Like 2
  • 100 1

• Leader

Welcome Back to ET! 😄

Your name does show up on TBS as having connected to another clan's server, but with a ping 999:  https://et.trackbase.net/?mod=search&search=BloodSpark22&s_minrateV=3  an hour ago.

Edited by RedBaird
short time -> hour
  • Like 2

Thanks so much for the help, I dunno why the shortcut was set to that path, the installer just did it for some reason.

18 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

Your name does show up on TBS as having connected to another clan's server, but with a ping 999

Yeah, back when I played for the first time, I downloaded this to play offline LAN with my sister. A few years back, when I got a pc upgrade, I was looking for free low-end pc games to play with my friends (despite an upgrade my pc still wasn't the best), and I (re)found this game. And I was shocked when I discovered there were A LOT of people playing this, with bazillion online servers, so I just went from server to server. My internet was trash, still is, and with all the freaking downloads I had to do because of the custom servers, probably led to those 999 ms.

14 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

FA has a Full Version Download in our Files Section

Yeah I saw that, I even mentioned it in my question.

Again, thanks so much for your help in this topic

Edited by BloodSpark22
  • 100 1

• Leader
23 minutes ago, BloodSpark22 said:

the installer just did it for some reason.

The FA Installer version is guaranteed "pure and above board"! 😄 

When you go "server to server" you tend to collect a lot of add-on *.pk3 files.  The first time that I ever ran a demo-replay, each of them seemed to add an "element", usually graphical, like near-naked-medic-ladies-in-fishnets, strange symbols above players heads, etc., etc.  The Demo was a chaotic kaleidoscope! 

We have a "pk3-cleaner" program that removes corrupted and incomplete downloaded files in your etmain, along with pk3s from other servers,  It leaves the FA-menu pk3 and other FA-related files that should not interfere with your playing on non-FA servers.  Some posters asking for help on FA forums have found that just running our PK3-cleaner removes some "bad" files from other servers that were causing problems for them when trying to play ET at all!

You can look through our files-section for other "goodies", too. 😄 

https://fearless-assassins.com/files/

ADDED:  BTW, I did not mark my reply as "best answer" and I cannot tell who did it! 

Edited by RedBaird
typos & ADDED
  • Like 2

Right-click on Desktop ET shortcut,

Properties, Compatibility(tab):

Fill in box: Run As Admin...Press OK

• Like 1

• Leader
8 hours ago, Buckwild said:

Compatibility(tab)

I forgot about that one.  I think the need will depend on his Windows OS verson. :?: 

18 hours ago, RedBaird said:

near-naked-medic-ladies-in-fishnets, strange symbols above players heads

what the hell

We have a "pk3-cleaner" program that removes corrupted and incomplete downloaded files in your etmain, along with pk3s from other servers,  It leaves the FA-menu pk3

yeah I tried it, but I really just wanted a clean slate, you know?

BTW, I did not mark my reply as "best answer" and I cannot tell who did it!

I can tell you who it was. Surprisingly, it was me all along.

18 hours ago, Buckwild said:

Right-click on Desktop ET shortcut,

Properties, Compatibility(tab):

Fill in box: Run As Admin...Press OK

Yeah I'm used to doing that with other old games and such, *cough cough* cracked games and from that custom resolution "hack" for ET. Thanks anyway, some other guy that struggles with this problem may find this and it will help them.

• Like 1

You can look through our files-section for other "goodies"

Yeah, I'll give them a look to see what I can find there, thanks!

• Haha 1

• Leader
16 hours ago, BloodSpark22 said:

, it was me all along.

:offtopic 

I have never been quoted so much in one reply!  😮 I think that you set the record! (for me, that is!)

Edited by RedBaird
"for me"
  • Haha 3