Music from Anatolia

mextor

I feel like this forum is a good opportunity to share some good parts of the Turkish culture and art. I'm not a big admirer of the general culture but we do have some spicy rock music that i could call classics. I'll be sharing my favourite Turkish songs and bands under this post (mostly psychedelic anatolian rock). Anatolian Rock is highly underrated in both Turkey and the rest of the world in my opinion. I really can't stand most of the music we're producing these days but there are lots of gems in the oldies.

First one im posting here is actually pretty popular and mainstream but an amazing introduction. Has some great instrumentals and lyrics. Beware the absolute killer basslines of Ahmet Güvenç! 😄

I could also try translating the lyrics if anyone would actually care 😛

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

A beautiful song by Hardal. It has some jazzy, funky instrumentals followed by some experimental synth/guitar sounds. It really captures the listener with its dreamy melodies. Lyrics are also amazing on this one. You can find the translated lyrics in the description. Its more progressive rock than experimental/psychedelic, so if you love the genre definitely give it a try!

• Love 1

Another beautiful song from 3 Hürel this time. This band has some really nice psychedelic sounds mixing guitar with "bağlama". This mix is their signature sound especially with the double neck guitar that has a normal guitar neck and a bağlama neck. Its basically an awesome mix between western and anatolian sounds.

(I realized this channel "Anatolian Rock Revival Project" has english subtitles for all of their published songs and they seem to be accurate translations. So thats pretty convenient. )

Hoping for you to follow the post because there are lots more to come @DeKing, glad you enjoyed them 😛

• Love 1
  • 100 1

This one's spicy with melancholy. An amazing psychedelic song with nightmarish unsettling sounds this time. It requires a specific mood for sure but if you catch that vibe you'll get hooked to this one.

• Love 1

A really groovy song from Barış Manço. Its psych funk as it says on the title and the groove is out of this world imo.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I cant really think of the caption part as i'm pretty tired, so im just posting it 😛 Enjoy

• Love 1

This one is a complicated one. Its for weird people like me that actually listens to progressive rock/metal. In a psychedelic blend. I don't think anyone will enjoy this as its pretty out of place for this post. Its one of my guilty pleasures. I dont recommend it unless you're high or something XD

P.S: The video really compliments this one. I don't think it is an official video as this is my first time seeing it. But yeah watch the video if you're giving this a try 😛

Edited by mextor
  • Love 1

I really hate recent Turkish pop music but this one is special for me. Its one of the really few recent songs I enjoy. Its really groovy and funky, the video is pretteh cool too.

• Like 1

Another psychedelic band, another psychedelic song. This band has a really unique style and all of their songs have the same vibe even though they're pretty different. Their lyrics are well put and hard hitting. The instrumentals are just 👌

time goes by efforts to no avail

I’m in the road ditch, all loaded  

god bless your absence,

a salt lake on the wound

you are a lump in my throat  

even Luqman (the wise) can’t do anything

I have a tendency to booze

I’m in revolt, remorse & trouble

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...