Other quickness

Robby

Question

( On ET ) How are some players seem able to move a lot faster?  I always seem to move like i'm slightly overweight.  The closest i can figure is that the fast players have a thin green lag bar i might be wrong: my ping is around a 100 not not bad i know but some have down to about 5 or 20 is there a co= relation between moving faster than others and a low ping. I've tried different cfg's but the perceived slowness on my part seems to exist. I had one day about 2 -3 weeks ago i was moving so fast but i have no idea what caused it i seemed to move a little faster on silent and one cfg  seemed to move a little faster as well;  both; seemed to reduce the lag bar a little and put more a fine tooth comb pattern on the lag bar. I have an Acer aspire with a 500 ssd  ( apart from a hard drive ) and i have a hdmi  hewlett packard w2207h  c - screen.  Blank all help is welcome Rob.   

Your line speed is more than fine both up and down, also your line looks very stable with a 2.59ms jitter over 7830km.

46 minutes ago, Robby said:

Shouldn't be my ping 70 m/s max?

Haha no as you have traced the route from you back to you mate  😄 . You need to trace the route from you to the FA server you play so the server goes where it asks for host.

Pings are the time it takes for your device to ask a server if its there and the servers response to get back to you, the greater the distance between you and the server you play the higher the ping will be. I assume as you state your ping is usually 100ms(ish) that you arr playing an FA server in the USA? in which case a 100ms is a very good ping from NL to USA and back.

I'd advise you run WinMTR and black out your IP too.

Follow this threads instructions and up your results here after 100 packets, that way it gives a better test result compared to a standard tracert.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 3

• Platinum VIP
On 11/17/2020 at 4:45 PM, Snuffs99 said:

You can mess with packets and maybe try and see if you can lower your ping by reducing everything that is using the internet on your pc/laptop.... but other than that your governed by the distance from you to the server, the speed of your internet and the way the server processes lags. 

It is possible your internet connection is unstable and your losing packets? that would cause sluggishness but a jitter test could tell you how stable your line is so run one. You can also do a tracert and post the results etc and see if anyone can see where your problem is "internet route" wise if there is one.

I've played server with high ping and low ones and never really noticed any speed increase other than when changing fov or resolution but again in reality you rnot moving any faster @ 90 fov than you do at 120 etc, its just an illusion.

Watch, same speed but a different FOV can make it seem faster or slower.

I agree here w the fov. I run mine at /cg_fov 115