ET Need some Help

MindFreak

I bought a new computer and Im going to install ET on it.  But how do I keep my XP and everything?  im assuming that I just save the ET folder and replace the new opne on the new PC. 

You need to back up your etkey(Etmain folder) and your silent.dat(Silent folder) and if you have nitmod there is also a file for that. just that! :)

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP

If you don't want to go through downloading them all again, you can save all your maps and restore them into the ETMain folder, also

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
37 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

No install or overwrite needed, just copy and paste the entire ET folder, job done

I never liked that idea. Too many old PK3's, demos, profiles, CVARS,  and screenies that get copied over plus I'm never sure if that might corrupt any dll's

Edited by -=HipKat=-

1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

No install or overwrite needed, just copy and paste the entire ET folder, job done

yes, i have a copy of my folder in an USB :) 

• 100 1

3 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I never liked that idea. Too many old PK3's, demos, profiles, CVARS,  and screenies that get copied over plus I'm never sure if that might corrupt any dll's

I can see your thinking but tbh its easy enough to remove old screenshots and demos. Also its quite rare too many pk3 files cause problems with ET running and when they do it tends to be the ui_mp_x86/my_cgame_mp_x86 etc causing the crash indicating there are too many PK3 files....so just a case of running something like pk3 cleaner to clear the folders a bit is all if and when that does happen.

I've had my ET install saved for about 15 years now and always just drag and drop with each new windows install...The major upside to having the entire folder saved other than drag and drop is if you drag and drop to a place where your user has full write access then it saves the need to run as admin etc for those who might be paranoid the worlds out to get them.

😄

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1