PCI wireless card

ajnl

Hey, I just bought a new 300N Wireless PCI card XR for my desktop computer. I followed the instruction, installing the drivers, shutting down, putting the card in the PCI slot, and than starting the computer back up.

The problem is that the computer doesn't detect the wireless card. Any ideas why? or how I can fix it?

I'm running Windows 7 Professional

• Administrators

Click Start, right click on Computer and click Manage, in a window that opened click Device Manager, on the right side click on the Network adapters check if there is a device with a yellow question/exclamation mark. If there is then you have not installed the driver, if you don't see this and device is not listed in device manager try putting the card in a different pci slot, or if you only have one pci slot try removing and readding the card.

I used the CD that came with it.

I looked in the device manage, and it doesn't even show up. And i've already tried putting it in a different PCI slot twice, and that didn't work.

Thats why I decided to ask here, cause I couldn't figure it out by myself and I couldn't find anything on google :-/

Any other ideas? Maybe the card is broken?

Hey, I just bought a new 300N Wireless PCI card XR for my desktop computer. I followed the instruction, installing the drivers, shutting down, putting the card in the PCI slot, and than starting the computer back up.

The problem is that the computer doesn't detect the wireless card. Any ideas why? or how I can fix it?

I'm running Windows 7 Professional

Try to see if there is any drivers that support windows 7 (don't use the CD. They tend to be outdated drivers)

A lot of old PCI wireless adapters do not support it (and the companies are lazy asses and never bother to update the drivers). My friend had a 2 year old pci linksys adapter and none of the drivers would work for win7 64 bit. In the end linksys support actually sent him some buggy drivers from another company called "Ralink" which somehow worked (but always drops his connection lol).

Most of the complaints i heard so far are from some linksys and belkin PCI wireless adapters though.

If your card doesn't have any drivers that support or work with windows 7 64, then try Gigabyte GN-WP01GS (its $19.99 and works right out of the box http://www.newegg.ca...1-008-_-Product).

• Administrators

I used the CD that came with it.

I looked in the device manage, and it doesn't even show up. And i've already tried putting it in a different PCI slot twice, and that didn't work.

Thats why I decided to ask here, cause I couldn't figure it out by myself and I couldn't find anything on google :-/

Any other ideas? Maybe the card is broken?

That means that card is most likely dead. Another thing you can do is update bios, in small number of cases bios needs to be updated to detect certain cards, also you wanna make sure to check pci slots with a different card just to be sure they are working.

Hey guys, thx for all the help. I got it working today.

1. I pulled the card out of my computer

2. uninstalled the software

3. re-installed the software

4. put it back into my computer, when i turned it on, the lights on the card turned on too

5. the computer detected it, and it is now working :)

I think that the card wasn't receiving power. Anyways, thx again, cyah on cod4.