I write my cfg u can use now

th3knight

hello friends

i know all was have comments on 1 and 2 cfgs that i put but i want only u try this for beginners i make sure it help and if u want my written if u thought it is more easy so i put it i only

put this to help beginners and poor ppl who find it hard to play and i diddnot say that i made it i took many settings from old cfgs and made it good so try it first beginners

and then judge it i put it for help only and i know pro players have their own cfgs but i do it for beginners and who cannt play good with defult

and i hope it help ========= with my love ❤️

Edited by tipsy

Your heart is in the right place but wouldn't recommend dl'n this as it has many of the same issues as before.  You also need to warn people if you're going to rebind their entire keyboard, default movement keys are all vsays.  Keep it minimal if you're handing out a config and make sure it's organized.  If a beginner were to dl this they'd be right back here a few minutes later asking for help fixing their ET.  

Sorry if I sound harsh but this will cause more issues than it fixes.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 2

th3knight , I just hidden your thread regarding  config, I will check it later as I'm getting complaint. and u created another.  take a break. 

• Like 1
  • 100 2

Just now, tipsy said:

th3knight , I just hidden your thread regarding  config, I will check it later as I'm getting complaint. and u created another.  take a break. 

what u mean tipsy can u explain  or i will come u to server now to explain

Just now, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

Your heart is in the right place but wouldn't recommend dl'n this as it has many of the same issues as before.  You also need to warn people if you're going to rebind their entire keyboard, default movement keys are all vsays.  Keep it minimal if you're handing out a config and make sure it's organized.  If a beginner were to dl this they'd be right back here a few minutes later asking for help fixing their ET.  

Sorry if I sound harsh but this will cause more issues than it fixes.

harry thnx for replay

but at least beginnesrs know how to change move keys it is easy i changed it at the first day in 2007 when i start play et

then i want them try and if it bad they can do /exec etconfig and it will reset setting to default it isnot the problem and i tried all cfgs really

noob and also the cfg u put not very good and not for beginners

Just now, th3knight said:

then i want them try and if it bad they can do /exec etconfig and it will reset setting to default it isnot the problem and i tried all cfgs really

Thats not quite 100% right mate.

The etconfig file is how ET saves and keeps track of settings for those who don't use their own config file. Certain cvars once changed are written to the etconfig.cfg file, ET writes to the etconfig file when any settings are changed in game like name, resolution, FOV, key binds etc etc etc.

The reason we don't have to all set up settings or run custom configs every time we start ET is because changes are stored in the etconfig.cfg file and its one of the reasons it states that the file is created by ET and not to modify it.  

• 100 3

Just now, Snuffs99 said:

Thats not quite 100% right mate.

The etconfig file is how ET saves and keeps track of settings for those who don't use their own config file. Certain cvars once changed are written to the etconfig.cfg file, ET writes to the etconfig file when any settings are changed in game like name, resolution, FOV, key binds etc etc etc.

The reason we don't have to all set up settings or run custom configs every time we start ET is because changes are stored in the etconfig.cfg file and its one of the reasons it states that the file is created by ET and not to modify it.  

suffrs hi

in jaymod movement and any change save otomaticly so no need save and if u do change after exec cfg it will save it is not hard

but finaly i want help ppl eho find diffcult in defult settings

and goodluck

Just now, Gladiator said:

If u wanna help newbies then make just 1 cfg with clean entries, Best will be to explain the cvars 

gladiator iam pro in jay3 say yes and i let u alive in jay3 hahahahaahah

i killed u many with this cfg that u talk about

• Confused 1

I think there is a language barrier problem here tbh mate, no one is saying you cant help but the configs 1 and 2 that you posted yesterday were a complete mess with duplicate, obsolete and un-needed entries.

What Gladiator is saying isn't that your a bad player but more that you should create a config to help people that also explains what the cvars are.

There should be a standard "example.cfg" in your etmain folder which explains in more detail what each cvar does and the ranges allowed..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 2

20 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

I think there is a language barrier problem here tbh mate, no one is saying you cant help but the configs 1 and 2 that you posted yesterday were a complete mess with duplicate, obsolete and un-needed entries.

What Gladiator is saying isn't that your a bad player but more that you should create a config to help people that also explains what the cvars are.

There should be a standard "example.cfg" in your etmain folder which explains in more detail what each cvar does and the ranges allowed..

snuffsy i hope u come jay3 and show uhow the effect with 1 and 2 cfg and i will make u cry from die hard u donnt know the knight 😝😁

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, th3knight said:

snuffsy i hope u come jay3 and show uhow the effect with 1 and 2 cfg and i will make u cry from die hard u donnt know the knight 😝😁

OMFG :D

Can anyone translate that its not ever been about how well he/she can play with the configs posted and more about how unstructured and messy they were with duplicate, obsolete and un-needed cvars.

:D :D      me wall him.

• 100 1