ATI vs ATI

Pegasus™

just picked up an ATI HD 5770..want opinion from you guys...which one would you use and why...I'm still lean towards to 4850X2

ATI HD 4850X2 1GB GDDR3 (In my machine right now)

or

ATI HD 5770 1GB GDDR5

Thanks

Edited by Pegasus

just picked up an ATI HD 5770..want opinion from you guys...which one would you use and why...I'm still lean towards to 4850X2

ATI HD 4850X2 1GB GDDR3 (In my machine right now)

or

ATI HD 5770 1GB GDDR5

Thanks

HD 4850x2 is the better performer. If it is already in your machine and you have not problems with it, just keep it in there. Don't bother with an HD 5770 if you already got HD4850x2 =P

HD 4850x2 is the better performer. If it is already in your machine and you have not problems with it, just keep it in there. Don't bother with an HD 5770 if you already got HD4850x2 =P

thanks man..and yes I'm still using 4850x2 right now..the only game I'm having problem with is F1 2010..I mean it's not a big of deal..just every once a while the game pause for a few secs then continue.

thanks man..and yes I'm still using 4850x2 right now..the only game I'm having problem with is F1 2010..I mean it's not a big of deal..just every once a while the game pause for a few secs then continue.

might be your other hardware that is causeing the problem, that card should be able to run the game very well.

Are u comparing dual 4850 cards vs one 5770 card ? I would assume the dual card setup to be superior...probably as previously mentioned something else causing stutter.

Its a single card but with dual GPU's.

109a.jpg

yes.it is a dual GPUs....Onion got the right pic.

might be your other hardware that is causeing the problem, that card should be able to run the game very well.

nah..don't think my other hardware is causing that....I've been playing more than 30 games...that's the only one.

Edited by Pegasus

I'm not sure if this would help visualize the performance difference, but Toms Hardware released a graphics card hierarchy chart last year that might assist. You can find it here

Also from the reviews I've read, a single 5770 has roughly the same power as a single 4870, though in most cases it appears the choked memory bus actually limits a small bit more than the 4870.

Also I found this pertaining to F1 2010. It's on an Xbox forum so I'm not sure if it's a similar situation or not, but it sounds pretty close to what your discussing. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/f12010/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-56480566&pid=959808

Hope that helps a bit. :cheers