flamma cfg

realFlamma

3 hours ago, realFlamma said:

Hello,

as asked by some people, you can find the raw output of writeconfig attached. There is nothing special in it. :)

flamma.cfg 14 kB · 2 downloads

You can't move right while crouching? And what's up with that com_maxfps 133, you have 133 Hz monitor or smth?

You have Bind CAPSLOCK "+speed" .

What does +speed do? "+sprint" is for sprinting.

Edited by HarryAimpotter

53 minutes ago, HarryAimpotter said:

You can't move right while crouching? And what's up with that com_maxfps 133, you have 133 Hz monitor or smth?

You have Bind CAPSLOCK "+speed" .

What does +speed do? "+sprint" is for sprinting.

A 144Hz monitor will drop Hz to 133Hz to match the the FPS although i do agree its a very odd number to have.

+speed will toggle run/walk, most people have run set to on by default and to walk have to press whatever key they bind to "walk"........... +sprint will make you "sprint" until your charge is empty where you will then stop sprinting and go back to run.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, HarryAimpotter said:

This will only work with G-sync or V-sync. I thought that the command for walk was +walk, I get it now :D

Yes and no, in laymans terms G-sync/Freesync are effectively variable refresh rate monitors and can prevent tear by changing the refresh to match the FPS. If you don't have G-sync or Freesync though you can manually force a monitor refresh rate to 133Hz if its capable using something like Nvidia control panel and forcing v-sync through the Gfx card. As long as you have a stable FPS then V-Sync will work fine at 133Hz, on the other hand though if its not stable double buffered V-sync can half the refresh rate of a monitor and you will lose or have unstable FPS and have issues, triple buffered V-sync though you shouldn't notice any problems at all.

Still think 133 FPS is an odd number though. lol

My ET config is set to 125 FPS and i run G-Sync. I use 125 as it allows slightly higher and longer jumps compared to say 90, 76 etc....saying that i do have pistol set to drop to 71 FPS as that gives less recoil when firing pistol

Edited by Snuffs99

To be honest. I can't remember why I have chosen that com_maxfps value but I do not have any problems with it.

A lot of cvars in that config are default (like capslock...). I did not care much about heavy config tweaking since this last ET install.