A new CPU cooler

FinZeroX

Hi

I ordered computer parts on Sunday, look at this thread.

So, they told me that Scythe Mugen 2 CPU cooler is out of stock and I'd have to wait till 11.11 to get one.

So what would be a good CPU cooler to replace it? Price should be around 30€-60€ from www.mindfactory.de

It'd be on AMD Phenom II x6 1055T

Thanks in advance,

~Fs

the Prolimatech Megahalems are even better at equal price . i dont know if its available in finland but for overclocking its even a little bit better than scyte mugen , if you dont overclock a cooler is a waste of money stock cooler are the best at stock speeds :).

the Prolimatech Megahalems are even better at equal price . i dont know if its available in finland but for overclocking its even a little bit better than scyte mugen , if you dont overclock a cooler is a waste of money stock cooler are the best at stock speeds :).

Tyanks. I'm kinda after my first real experience about overclocking. So aim high and see where you end up to ;)

And FYI, I'm not ordering the parts from Finland

I am a fanatic oc er and prolimatech give the best results in holland on air and i got several aircoolers i dont use water. for prolimatech the sound is importand to you can choose your own silent fan or even better 2. if you use few graffic cards like 5870 sound is not importand cos they sound like a vacuumcleaner :)

I am a fanatic oc er and prolimatech give the best results in holland on air and i got several aircoolers i dont use water. for prolimatech the sound is importand to you can choose your own silent fan or even better 2. if you use few graffic cards like 5870 sound is not importand cos they sound like a vacuumcleaner :)

I use Gigabyte GeForce GTX460 1Gb OC is it very loud? :D

Don't have time to check :(

I use Gigabyte GeForce GTX460 1Gb OC is it very loud? :D

Don't have time to check :(

No it isn't. Also Prolimatech Megahalems isn't AM3 socket compatible unless you buy a separate AM3 adapter by Prolimatech (which is all sold out).

Noctua products are AM3 and are very well made. The Austrailians really did a good job especially on the fans.

I filtered for Phenom II fans in the price range between 25 and 50€, as you said.

Those Compability filters are usually pretty useless as there's like 4 different selections for 1 CPU, all showing different products.

Searching by AM3 sockel gives you more accurate results

No it isn't. Also Prolimatech Megahalems isn't AM3 socket compatible unless you buy a separate AM3 adapter by Prolimatech (which is all sold out).

Noctua products are AM3 and are very well made. The Austrailians really did a good job especially on the fans.

So should I try a Noctua's one out, is it possible to change the fan location that it'd blow throught the sink out of the back of the case?

Btw, some guys on a finnish forum told that EKL has some good CPU coolers. Any experiences?

Those Compability filters are usually pretty useless as there's like 4 different selections for 1 CPU, all showing different products.

Searching by AM3 sockel gives you more accurate results

Definitely, even though I think they have a valid reason for filtering that hard...

Definitely, even though I think they have a valid reason for filtering that hard...

Is it because AM3 and AM2+ socket heatsinks are exactly the same (no difference between the two. Any AM2+ heatsink will fit on a AM3 motherboard)

Look for a cooler called the Tuniq tower amazing performance at a low cost.. not sure if its available whwere u live tho

Didn't find any Tuniq's thou.

@Onion: Thanks man, didn't know that ;)