need advice

GraveDigger

I am buying a laptop in 2 weeks and I would like any feedback or advice from you guys. I am going to be able to spend between 550 to 650 dollars. I have been looking at Frys Electronics and was planning on buying from them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :D

Here is the link to Frys--Frys Electronics

if you know of a better place that I should order from please let me know.

thanks,

GraveDigger

this is the one i was thnnking about: Lenevo

I am buying a laptop in 2 weeks and I would like any feedback or advice from you guys. I am going to be able to spend between 550 to 650 dollars. I have been looking at Frys Electronics and was planning on buying from them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :D

Here is the link to Frys--Frys Electronics

if you know of a better place that I should order from please let me know.

thanks,

GraveDigger

how about this? well..if you don't mind it's been Refurbished. also it's a dell....but Same as New Warranty, free shipping with 21 days return policy.

My link

Grave, is that a refurb? It's $150 cheaper than any other place I can find it. Looks like a steal at that price.

It would be a good laptop for general use, but not for anything intensive such as game/video related IMO. Overall it boils down to "What do you need a laptop for?" Answer that and I'm sure you'll get more suggestions than you ever wanted. :hi

in onions blog dell computers suck his onions

Its because of all the recalls dell keeps on having and because the quality is the shit =P (well its cheap shit. But the price should be cheaper for what they are selling). The "exploding dell laptop" is the worlds largest computer recall in history lol.

One-Dell-of-a-bang.jpg?1241332136

"Oh fack. Why did I buy a dell !!" - Random Japanese Old Fart

please do not buy this its no good for gaming just for browsing on the internet there a big difference in a pc and a laptop in gaming. i have a laptop and i built my own pc and i know the difference. i never go on my laptop besides when i watch films at night.if you are only using it for the internet,films and music its good but its got to be a big no for gaming

Specifications:

Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-450M processor with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology* (2.40GHz, 2.66GHZ with Turbo Boost, 3MB Cache)

Graphics: Intel® HD graphics

Memory: 4GB DDR3 1066MHz, maximum 8GB

Display: 14" high-definition (1366x768), 16:9 widescreen, LED backlight

Hard Drive: 320GB, 5400rpm

Optical Drive: Tray-in Rambo drive (DVD/CD Combo burner/reader)

Audio: 2 speakers (2*1.5W)

Camera: 1.3M integrated web camera

Security: Fingerprint Reader, USB Port Locker

Card slots: 4-in-1 card reader (SD, SD pro, MMC, MS pro), ExpressCard slot (34mm)

Ports: 3xUSB2.0, headphones, mic, VGA, RJ45

Communications: 802.11bgn WiFi, 10/100/1000M LAN, Bluetooth®

Battery: 6 cell battery – up to 4 hour battery life

I like et and would like to play COD on our servers but i can always get an xbox for more intense gaming. I want to watch movies, listen to music, surfing net and other basic things. I have time at work when i have down time and would like to watch a movie or try to get a frag or 2 in--lol.

Well is ur having dedicated video ram with be nice . , i buy most of my stuff from new egg , i came around this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115796

will the video be good enough for et and COD?

I like et and would like to play COD on our servers but i can always get an xbox for more intense gaming. I want to watch movies, listen to music, surfing net and other basic things. I have time at work when i have down time and would like to watch a movie or try to get a frag or 2 in--lol.

will the video be good enough for et and COD?

You can play ET on a laptop. Maybe not get 76 or 125 fps, but you can still snipe, mortar, camp with a panzer, etc etc.

If you make a Linux partition (there are two tutorials about it) any "new" laptop can play ET. On Hardcore you will be fine. Your internet connection at work may be a bigger limit on your speed than your computer itself.

COD may or may not be playable depending on the graphics card. I could not even open COD4 on my laptop after I installed it.