Glitch exploitation

Degritz

Just so people know, an elevator is abusing a certain mechanic in the game's engine to cause your player to "float" in the engine's attempt to get you out of an object. Results in you reaching unreachable heights. These are almost always done against a wall, and involve repetitive crouching, proning, or jumping in a set location. The person is almost always looking at the wall in question when doing this. Just as a heads up to recognize possible elevatorers.

• 3 weeks later...

I will agree with those. However in the case of your #3 if you can climb or jump there it isn't a glitch as they made the surface mountable. In the case of people using a glitch to make themselves invisible or invincible I give them a !kick. But that is just me personally.

But then again I have been informed that jumping from the Lampost on Crash to the building roof nearby is a glitch. Is this correct?

But then again I have been informed that jumping from the Lampost on Crash to the building roof nearby is a glitch. Is this correct?

I have never done it so I am not sure....might just be a exploit...Malo would know for sure...

As far as I am concerned it is not. Many people consider it to be but the way I see it is if it were a real war and someone felt like they just needed to snipe from a lightpost they could (although ill advised). Typically if I could see a possibility of a person being able to get there if they were really in that situation and the game allows them to sit there there I smile and think hmmmm nice spot. That is of course as long as it offers no extra benefits than any other normal spots would- example makes you invisible, invincible, or pretty much any of the things listed earlier in this thread. If it offers extra benefits I warn then kick if they continue.

Definition of a glitch means you are out of map, see through textures, create a displacement between location and texture location or require an explosives aided jump/bounce.

Getting on the roof on Crash via jumping fits none of the criteria for a glitch. You are killable, you are in the map, you see through nothing. You can reach it using only a strafe jump. It's a legimitate location.

Idiots just don't know how to counter it and complain about it. You have almost no cover up there, and a good nade will rape you easily. Put them up there though and they'll stay up there instead of coming down. Stupid hypocrites.

Some jumps that ARE glitches I can show you if I ever feel like recording them. It makes it somewhat easier to determine a glitch.

• 3 months later...

YES please.....

I would like to get a video or at least screen shots of areas we will deem illegal

Let me know what time works for you.

Definition of a glitch means you are out of map, see through textures, create a displacement between location and texture location or require an explosives aided jump/bounce.

Getting on the roof on Crash via jumping fits none of the criteria for a glitch. You are killable, you are in the map, you see through nothing. You can reach it using only a strafe jump. It's a legimitate location.

Idiots just don't know how to counter it and complain about it. You have almost no cover up there, and a good nade will rape you easily. Put them up there though and they'll stay up there instead of coming down. Stupid hypocrites.

Some jumps that ARE glitches I can show you if I ever feel like recording them. It makes it somewhat easier to determine a glitch.

Haven't seen these in CoD4 thanks for the heads-up. I will start watching for these as well.

The only elevator jump or booster jump (which requires a second person to use as a "ladder") is on crash. Other than that I haven't seen any before.