Glitch exploitation

Degritz

Could we please get a definition of what is a Glitch, that is warnable/kickable for in the COD4 servers.

like the mounted gun glitch in Pipeline, where you can stand below and jump up to use the gun, where your image is behind the gun, but your body is invisible on the floor below, making you invincible till someone shoots below you.

or getting on the arches in District.. Jumping/climbing to places not usually available.

My personal feelings about the what is legal and what is not legal is as follows

Assuming all understand that glitches are places you can get, or things you can do in a given map, that the game designers overlooked in the original design.

#1 If you cannot be hit in the "glitch" place you have found, then it should not be allowed

#2 If the glitch you are in displaces your body as to make it appear in a different spot than it actually is, then it should not be allowed.

#3 If the glitch is simply a spot you have figured out how to jump/climb up too, while still leaving you visible to enemy players, it should be allowed.

#4 If the glitch you have found allows you to leave the boundaries of the map, aka, fly or fall beneath, it should not be allowed.

#5 If the glitch you are in allows you to shoot with clear visibility through solid objects while remaining invisible to all opponents, it should not be allowed.

These are my thoughts on it, I would like if you guys can check them out so we can determine once and for all, what is a legal, or an illegal glitch

I will agree with those. However in the case of your #3 if you can climb or jump there it isn't a glitch as they made the surface mountable. In the case of people using a glitch to make themselves invisible or invincible I give them a !kick. But that is just me personally.

#1 If you cannot be hit in the "glitch" place you have found, then it should not be allowed

#2 If the glitch you are in displaces your body as to make it appear in a different spot than it actually is, then it should not be allowed.

#3 If the glitch is simply a spot you have figured out how to jump/climb up too, while still leaving you visible to enemy players, it should be allowed.

#4 If the glitch you have found allows you to leave the boundaries of the map, aka, fly or fall beneath, it should not be allowed.

#5 If the glitch you are in allows you to shoot with clear visibility through solid objects while remaining invisible to all opponents, it should not be allowed.

+1

You have to take explosives aided jumps into consideration, you can reach some impossible heights using explosives. I tend to view those as illegal.

Then there's the ever infamous elevator tactic. While I've seen this rarely, some people will elevator themselves to the top of buildings, which I view as illegal for all instances.

Both of these instances still allow the user to be killed, but they're the only few exceptions I find to that rule, as usually they provide an almost total view of the map and tend to give the user a very large amount of cover just by proning. Most conventional jump places have massive areas of vulnerability.

You have to take explosives aided jumps into consideration, you can reach some impossible heights using explosives. I tend to view those as illegal.

Then there's the ever infamous elevator tactic. While I've seen this rarely, some people will elevator themselves to the top of buildings, which I view as illegal for all instances.

Both of these instances still allow the user to be killed, but they're the only few exceptions I find to that rule, as usually they provide an almost total view of the map and tend to give the user a very large amount of cover just by proning. Most conventional jump places have massive areas of vulnerability.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with explosive aided jumps, as well as any requiring bounces.

Elevators are definitely off limits, no questions asked.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with explosive aided jumps, as well as any requiring bounces.

Elevators are definitely off limits, no questions asked.

Haven't seen these in CoD4 thanks for the heads-up. I will start watching for these as well.

I don't even warn about the glitches on pipeline. Those arn't things you do by accident, and if you know how to do them, then you ought to know better. I get tired of telling somone to stop exploiting a glitch and having them respond "oh I didn't know exploiting wasn't allowed on this server". Really? You figured that since nobody expressley told you that cheating was not allowed then it would be ok? !kick X_X

Oakstaff it doesn't matter if you're a Trial your opinion is welcome as well.

I haven't seen any glitch from my side.. I probably just don't notice them -__-

I'll start looking for the list from now on.!

Edited by ! avaa ^.~