Metroid Other M

Maximo Decimo

Caratula+americana+de+Metroid+Other+M+-+Wasterbull.jpg

American Box

other-m-japan-box.jpg

Japan Box

Well, the last August 31 comes to Wii the new sequela of Super Metroid (snes) and there are many opinions about the gameplay and story line.

I just bought the game and started to play. I cant even say anything concret about the game but the little i can criticize is the control style. In my humble opinion i think is was better play Metroid Prime 3 (or Metroid Trilogy) with Nunckshot because the control stick is better than the custom cursor. But is nothing to worry about, im sure we can get use to it :) The rest of the game is great.

The grafics are very good for the Wii. The cinemas are exelent and for first time we can heard Samus´s voice :wub:

Seems the story line is good and lenght of the game is normal (aorund 10 to 13 hours) for a Metroid game.

Gamestyle is very good, specially when you jump to your enemies, stick to them and shot right in the head and booooooooooooooooom

There is a singular problem: the dvd is a double layer, so your laser Wii must be clean to read the disc or it wont run. And the WORSE part is that the first time you insert the game and start to play it, YOU MUST accept that Wii run a cleaning and it going to start to delete all unautorize programs in your console :mad fuuuk lol.....

Well, any opinions about the game are welcome here :)

For last, share some ss and a review from IGN

metroid-other-m-20090602111603423_640w.jpg

metroid-other-m-20100224003647637_640w.jpg

metroid_other_m_17.jpg

metroid-other-m-screenshot-new-gameplay-footage.jpg

11024x768_2.jpg

• 3 months later...

It's really slow to download, I started it yesterday and it's almost done. 7.60 GB. I'm also downloading Metroid Prime trilogy (7.59 GB too). However I think Other M came before the other. Not in time of game releasing but in time of the game history. So maybe I'll do all the games in order, starting by Fusion!

According to the story line, you should play first:

Metroid (NES)

Metroid II (GB)

Trilogy: Prime 1, 2 and 3 (Wii/GC)

Super Metroid (SNES)

Other M (Wii)

Fusion (GBA)

Then, you can start playing by Trilogy, then Other M and finish with Fusion :)

Yeah i played the games without knowing the line lol :D

There are like 3 metroid games in GB: metroid zero (the same that the metroid of nes but with more settings), metroid hunters (i dont know muhc about it), metroid fusion, metroid prime pinball (it sucks lol) and the original metroid 2 (for old gameboy)

I HARDLY recommend you play Metroid Prime 1 and 2 and Super Metroid, i really like those games B)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to finish Metroid Prime for the first time. It's a damn good one.

Super Metroid is really hard to beat, but I think Metroid Prime overpassed it.

I'm going for Metroid Prime 2 in the next weeks I guess.

But I don't think the story line is right. Zebes is the planet I destroyed in Super Metroid and it says in the Pirate Log that I did it. Then in the Solar System they've shown to me, that planet is in there.

I don't really get the end, where my old suit was still alive with something in it. In Metroid Fusion, there was that other guy/girl with my suit and my powers. I'm kinda lost now lol...

The story is this:

In metroid 1 (nes) samus went to zebes to destroy metroids and mother brain.

In metroid 2 (gb) samus went to planet sr300 (dont remember the "name/number" of the planet) to eliminate all metroids in the universe.

In metroid prime 1,2,3, (gc/wii) all start by a distress beacon of a space ship that result of space pirates were experimenting with phazon. Samus look for the nature of phazon to eliminate it and control the space pirate invasion to Tallon IV(prime 1), Aether (prime 2), Norion, Elisia and Brioo (prime 3). All planets have an involve with Chozo and metroids.

In super metroid (snes) samus received a distress call from a space laboratory from the galactic federations where they where investigating and experimenting with the baby metroid that samus found in metroid 2 at the end. After that, Samus followed Ridley to Zebes, where space pirates contructed once again a fortress in the deepest part of that planet to propagate and control metroids with mother brains powers. Samus finish the mission blowing the entire zebes and metroids. (lol)

In metroid other m (wii) samus received (once again) an emergency call from a space ship. After searching into the ship discovered that galactic federations was planning to produce an army base on space pirate. Also was producing "perfect metroids" and in order to control them they created a "mother brain". Samus and Commander Malkovich finished the disaster caused by MB.

In metroid fusion (gba) (i havent play this game, i must play it :) samus was infected by the parasit X and Samus were close to dead. Galactic federations saved her ass but those part of the varia suit that were infected start to evolve and copied the samus varia suit form. Samus need to get those part to get his powers abilities again. At same time Samus must stop the parasit X from reproduce because is very dangerous.

I hope i could explaing correctly and without many spelling errors this little story about metroid serie :)

Metroid Prime 2 is a good sequel of Metroid Prime 1. I recommend to play it too, i really like prime 2 too.

I like the atmosphere that was create in Aether Planet. The bosses are strong opponents. The mistery of the phazon, space pirate research, Dark Samus and the war between the Light planet (luminoths) agains the Dark side (Ings) make this game an excelent sequel.

It's kinda weird that they re-did the parasite X thing. At the end of Metroid Prime 1, the 2nd ending when you have 100% of the items, you see an ed where the Parasite X grab you and rip you off of your suit. I thought Metroid Fusion was the next, but I guess that Metroid Prime 2 will have a dark Samus too :( (the same as Fusion!).

Actually the 100% ending of metroid prime 1 shows how Dark Samus born from the rest of the phazon (after the explotion in the impact crater) and the phazon suit of Samus.

Metroid Prime (boss), is metroid that consume unlimited amounts of phazon. Once you beat it, his core (Metroid Prime Core) is a amorphous organism made all of phazon. Once you beat it, the core try to get more phazon from everywhere so it took your suit (made of phazon) and after that it explote. But it reminds a little part. From that part raise a hand (Dark Samus)

In conclusion, that means that was not the parasit X who start the problem in prime series, it was the phazon and metroids.

Parasit X is an micro organism that infect the guest body, copy all his body into a more agresive version and the guest body die after couple of hours after that copy.

Chozo created artifially the metroids to control the parasit X infections.